Chess Engine Fans Salute Legend Michael Byrne!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

supersharp77

Chess Engine Fans Salute Legend Michael Byrne!

Post by supersharp77 »

Recognition And Kudos Go Out This Day To A Chess Legend Michael Byrne (Michael B)..Not only have you kept the Legacy of The Original Legendary Engine Crafty Going to the present day (Thx..Bob Hyatt)...but in addition added the Super Strong McCain engine series....You Have also added Crystal.. Honey... BlueFish....and Now Black Diamond chess engines (Based on Stockfish...Recently downloaded Honey X6 and Honey XR7 engine files and with all the various compiles there must be 60+
engines (Both w32 and w64) in the mix....add in the various book arrangements and parameter combinations & setup it could take many weeks or months to test them all...Anyway it will be fun and challenging to try and do it properly...Thank You For The Great Work You Do My Friend...Congratulations and Well Done!! AR :D :wink:
MikeB

Re: Chess Engine Fans Salute Legend Michael Byrne!

Post by MikeB »

Thank you for the kind words, I hope you enjoy HoneyXI and its related engines,

https://github.com/MichaelB7/Stockfish/releases/tag/XI

Exe's available for macOS, Windows and Linux.

With Linux officially dropping support for 32 bit software in their next major release due in April of 2020, I have not provided any 32 bit Linux exe's.

The Pi exe's are provided by Allan Cooper and Lucas Monge provides the 32 bit exe's for Windows, everything else by yours truly.
AlexChess
Full name: Alex Morales

Post by AlexChess »

MikeB wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:04 am Thank you for the kind words, I hope you enjoy HoneyXI and its related engines,

https://github.com/MichaelB7/Stockfish/releases/tag/XI

Exe's available for macOS, Windows and Linux.

With Linux officially dropping support for 32 bit software in their next major release due in April of 2020, I have not provided any 32 bit Linux exe's.

The Pi exe's are provided by Allan Cooper and Lucas Monge provides the 32 bit exe's for Windows, everything else by yours truly.
Thank you AGAIN! Just downloaded also Honey XI for macOS!
Kind regards,
AlexChess
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum TROLLS KINDERGARTEN
towforce

Post by towforce »

Looks as though his CPW article needs updating - https://www.chessprogramming.org/Michael_Byrne .
Writing is the antidote to confusion.
It's not "how smart you are", it's "how are you smart".
Your brain doesn't work the way you want, so train it!