A question to CCRL

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3265
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

A question to CCRL

Post by Guenther » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:34 pm

I noticed that the engine collections of Jim Ablett and N.R. Leisner hosted at Kirills server aren't working anymore again.
All other sites listed at http://kirill-kryukov.com/kirr/ seem to work.

http://kirr.homeunix.org/chess/engines/Jim%20Ablett/
http://kirr.homeunix.org/chess/engines/ ... ollection/

Code: Select all

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /chess/engines/Jim Ablett/ on this server.
Should I add the latest working links from wayback in the XB/UCI chronology, or is there hope this will be fixed anytime soon?
Over 250 links in my chronology refer to one of both sites.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180923161 ... %20Ablett/
https://web.archive.org/web/20180820054 ... ollection/

****####****####****

Edit:
I found another unused backup which contained the Rhetoric versions I asked for in the beginning.
Thus there is no need anymore to send those versions below.

Well, the plea is rather unrelated, as I would like to ask, if someone can send me the old versions 1.0 - 1.4 from Rhetoric,
which aren't saved in the Rhetoric wayback link?
(mail address is given at the index site of rwbc-chess.de)


Thanks!

tmokonen
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by tmokonen » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi Guenther,

I have sent you the old versions of Rhetoric.

I am missing version 1.3, which was only released for Android, so if anyone can send me that version (tmokonen at yahoo.com), it would be most appreciated.

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3265
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Guenther » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:25 pm

tmokonen wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:33 pm
Hi Guenther,

I have sent you the old versions of Rhetoric.

I am missing version 1.3, which was only released for Android, so if anyone can send me that version (tmokonen at yahoo.com), it would be most appreciated.
Thanks Tony. Do you still have the first Rodent 0.08 version too?

tmokonen
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by tmokonen » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:45 pm

Guenther wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:25 pm
Thanks Tony. Do you still have the first Rodent 0.08 version too?
I do. I have sent it to you.

Gabor Szots
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:43 am
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Gabor Szots » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:53 pm

I don't know what the problem might be, perhaps Ray can answer when he has the chance.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3265
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Guenther » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:09 pm

tmokonen wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:45 pm
Guenther wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:25 pm
Thanks Tony. Do you still have the first Rodent 0.08 version too?
I do. I have sent it to you.
Thanks a lot again!

Modern Times
Posts: 2459
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Modern Times » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:15 pm

Gabor Szots wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:53 pm
I don't know what the problem might be, perhaps Ray can answer when he has the chance.
No idea, this is on Kirill's personal server so the question is for him.

Tirsa has a huge collection of engines here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dp9fd6xum50l3/engines
.

Opinions expressed here are my own, and not necessarily those of the CCRL Group.

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3265
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Guenther » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:14 am

Modern Times wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:15 pm
Gabor Szots wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:53 pm
I don't know what the problem might be, perhaps Ray can answer when he has the chance.
No idea, this is on Kirill's personal server so the question is for him.

Tirsa has a huge collection of engines here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dp9fd6xum50l3/engines
Well, isn't the CCRL forum not also hosted at Kirills server?
Anyhow, I have changed all those links to the wayback pendants.

Modern Times
Posts: 2459
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Modern Times » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:25 am

Guenther wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:14 am

Well, isn't the CCRL forum not also hosted at Kirills server?
Yes, we're contacting him about it. I seem to recall this came up a while ago. Jim may even have asked for it to be taken down, I'm not sure.
.

Opinions expressed here are my own, and not necessarily those of the CCRL Group.

Modern Times
Posts: 2459
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Modern Times » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:04 pm

Guenther wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:34 pm
I noticed that the engine collections of Jim Ablett and N.R. Leisner hosted at Kirills server aren't working anymore again.
All other sites listed at http://kirill-kryukov.com/kirr/ seem to work.

http://kirr.homeunix.org/chess/engines/Jim%20Ablett/
http://kirr.homeunix.org/chess/engines/ ... ollection/
Access has been restored.

The NAS where Kirill had those files stored was shutdown in a blackout and he forgot to turn it back on afterwards.
.

Opinions expressed here are my own, and not necessarily those of the CCRL Group.

Post Reply