Fat Fritz Weights Files

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

supersharp77

Fat Fritz Weights Files

Post by supersharp77 »

How to create additional 'Fat Fritz' Weights Files? Can you just rename a pb file or a LC0weights file for it to work? has anyone created LC0 weights files from chess games? Let me know......Thx AR :) :wink:
Ovyron

Re: Fat Fritz Weights Files

Post by Ovyron »

Isn't Fat Fritz just renamed lc0? If so there's no benefit on making it use other weight files, just make Leela do it.
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

Ovyron wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:32 am Isn't Fat Fritz just renamed lc0? If so there's no benefit on making it use other weight files, just make Leela do it.
Well since new weights files are coming down the pipeline all the time.. you could modify "Fat Fritz" playing style a bit by being able to use the various weights files..... :) :wink:
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

supersharp77 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:06 pm
Ovyron wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:32 am Isn't Fat Fritz just renamed lc0? If so there's no benefit on making it use other weight files, just make Leela do it.
Well since new weights files are coming down the pipeline all the time.. you could modify "Fat Fritz" playing style a bit by being able to use the various weights files..... :) :wink:
Fat Fritz is it's weight file, the binary is LC0. It would no longer be Fat Fritz if the weights were not trained according to Alberts / Chessbase methods. You can ajust the parameters Fat Fritz uses however. That is unless Chessbase releases a new weights file for Fat Fritz. But yes, you could just rename the pb file in that case. it's probably a good idea to do that just in case anyway
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Henk Drost

Post by Raphexon »

Chessbase has modified the executable too.
Nothing significant but it's a little more user friendly. (noob friendly)
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Can't the Leela team add those changes to lc0?
h1a8

Post by h1a8 »

How can I update the weights file. It seems I'm still using a weight file from 02feb20. Where can I download more recent and stronger weight files for fat fritz?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I'm wondering if it was updated in the Fritz update this last week?

It's now showing win/draw/loss percentages e.g

White is clearly better: +/- (73% +46% =53% -1%)

Pity that at least when analysing, or loading Fat Fritz, no version numbers get displayed.

It also isn't obvious how you can change to older versions, if it is even possible.

Andrew