FAT fritz is not needed

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

carldaman

Re: FAT fritz is not needed

Post by carldaman »

AdminX wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:44 pm You can also use it (Fat Fritz) in another GUI if Chessbase is not your thing.
How?

I'm unable to locate the Fat Fritz executable, so I've assumed it could only run within the Fritz/CB GUI.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

carldaman wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:48 amHow?

I'm unable to locate the Fat Fritz executable, so I've assumed it could only run within the Fritz/CB GUI.
Have you looked in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ChessBase\Engines.uci\
cc2150dx
Full name: Jason Coombs

Post by cc2150dx »

carldaman wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:48 am
AdminX wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:44 pm You can also use it (Fat Fritz) in another GUI if Chessbase is not your thing.
How?

Try: C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Roaming\ChessBase\Engines.uci\Fat Fritz

P.S. If you don't see the AppData folder, go up to view tab and check hidden items box. I hope this helps
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

cc2150dx wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:14 am
carldaman wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:48 am
How?

Try: C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Roaming\ChessBase\Engines.uci\Fat Fritz

P.S. If you don't see the AppData folder, go up to view tab and check hidden items box. I hope this helps
Yes, I am just seeing this post. Your answer is correct.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by carldaman »

OK, thanks, that worked, the folder was hidden and it never showed up in searches. I never imagined they'd hide it there. :|
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

It's not hiding, Windows made "\AppData\Roaming\" the default for such things at some version, and since it's a system folder it is hidden from the user (for their own safety, since letting users mess with these files would cause the OS/installed programs to not work.) Chessbase is just following Microsoft's procedures.

I didn't even remember, after installing Windows the first thing I do is to make it show hidden files and folders.

If you don't want to face this problem again I recommend free software UltraSearch, which not only will show files that normal search might not find, it'll also find your files up to 2000 times faster.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Thanks, Uly, you're right, I had not made hidden folders visible on the computer with the graphics card.
I'll check out the UltraSearch utility, I recall I'd used something like that on a Win 8.1 box where file search was buggy.