Banksia GUI released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

KLc
Full name: Kurt Lanc

Re: Banksia GUI released

Post by KLc »

purechess wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:39 am The Banksia GUI website just forwards you to malware sites currently. Why?
This happens to me all the time when I click on the first google hit (whose link is written correctly as banksiagui.com). Today I noticed that google added "This site may be hacked".

MCDermont
Full name: Robert Söhnlein

Post by MCDermont »

https://banksiagui.com/
this should work
KLc
Full name: Kurt Lanc

Post by KLc »

MCDermont wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:15 pm https://banksiagui.com/
this should work
Yes, the direct link works. What’s linked by google doesn’t.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

a thread that has +200,000 views , I give that +200,000 thumbs up!
AlexChess
Full name: Alex Morales

Re: Version 0.35 beta released

Post by AlexChess »

I have issues with BanksiaGUI 0.38 crosstables.

A lot of numbers that I don't understand....

I must wait to complete the tournament?

Thank you!
AlexChess

(images follow)
Last edited by AlexChess on Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum TROLLS KINDERGARTEN
AlexChess

Re: Version 0.35 beta released

Post by AlexChess »

Hi!

In BanksiaGUI 0.38 I don't understand crosstable details and points or there are simply many bugs?

It's different from old details...

I expect only values 1, 0 or = like in Arena Chess. Where I'm wrong?

Regards, AlexChess
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
mvanthoor
Full name: Marcel Vanthoor

Post by mvanthoor »

It seems the new version just adds up the score to make the table cells smaller.

Old version, for example:

Old version, Engine 5 vs. Engine 7: = = + + - + - - = =
New version, Engine 5 vs. Engine 7: 5.0 (3 wins, 4 draws, is 5 points)

The upside is that the table becomes much less wide if you have many games. The downside is that you can't see the score for each individual game.
Author of Rustic, an engine written in Rust.
Releases | Code | Docs | Progress | CCRL
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

Thank you for confirming that.
I prefer Arena Chess crosstable 1, 0, = in each cell but It has other bugs... and isn't available for Mac natovely.

2th question: Can I add / remove engines without losing all previous results in tournament? (On Arena Is very easy and fast)

Now I try also cutechess

Regards, AlexChess
primer_-
Full name: Mike Krell

Post by primer_- »

I'd like to play solitaire chess in Banksia by bringing in a pgn file, then navigating move by move and entering my response to each position that comes up. After going through the whole game like this, I'd go back and analyze my moves against the moves actually played by the game.

However, after I open a pgn file, it is "read only", i.e., I can navigate the moves but not enter my own as variations.

Is there a way to do what I want?
TimoK

Post by TimoK »

First of all I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Nguyen Hong Pham for developing this really great chess GUI!

At the moment I'm only missing one feature - maybe it is already implemented and I don't know how to use it:
Is it possible to play the same engine tournament on more than just one computer? I think that requires the GUI to have a tournament file that can be accessed by all computers via network. This tournament file must contain all the necessary information about the tournament (pairings etc) and it should handle the distribution of the games. There must also be some way of treating access conflicts if more than one computer tries to write down changes to the file.

With ShredderGUI it is possible to play a tournament distributed over network with many computers, but unfortunately it lacks of many other features that are already implemented in BanksiaGUI. So I'd prefer to play my tournaments with BanksiaGUI, but it would be only easy to manage if a network distributed play with more than one computer would be possible.