Fritz 17 and Nalimov tablebases

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

keres

Re: Fritz 17 and Nalimov tablebases

Post by keres »

Ovyron wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:29 pm
keres wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:59 am I've Nalimov (for Fritz not Syzygy) and Syzygy all in correct path. Fritz 16 is working with Nalimov tablebases if i rename the file TBAccess.dll as i wrote in this post, but this operation is not good for Fritz 17 (mistery).
Because Fritz 17 doesn't support Nalimov.
Ok, Fritz worked with Nalimov always, never with Syzygy (but i've those Syzygy tablebases on my hard disk and the path is correct), the world is changed?
keres

Post by keres »

Excuse me, i rewrote the Nalimov path and tablebases are working in Fritz 17 now! (Not in Fritz 16 but this is not important) Thanks to you for your patience.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

keres wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:12 pmOk, Fritz worked with Nalimov always, never with Syzygy (but i've those Syzygy tablebases on my hard disk and the path is correct), the world is changed?
There's 2 Fritz 17s, the GUI, and the engine. The engine was changed from Rybka to Ginkgo, Rybka used Nalimov, Ginkgo uses Syzygy. The GUI can use Nalimov but only if the TB position is on the board, the engine uses TBs to provide more accurate search of positions near endgames.
keres

Post by keres »

Ovyron wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:16 am
keres wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:12 pmOk, Fritz worked with Nalimov always, never with Syzygy (but i've those Syzygy tablebases on my hard disk and the path is correct), the world is changed?
There's 2 Fritz 17s, the GUI, and the engine. The engine was changed from Rybka to Ginkgo, Rybka used Nalimov, Ginkgo uses Syzygy. The GUI can use Nalimov but only if the TB position is on the board, the engine uses TBs to provide more accurate search of positions near endgames.
Thanks for your explication, all is right with Fritz 17 now.