SlowChess question

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

SlowChess question

Post by Gabor Szots »

I'd like to use it under Arena as a WB engine but the hash size does not seem OK (only 78 MB when I'd like to have 256 MB). I have deleted the schess.dft file thinking that Slow will use some command given by Arena (e.g. the memory command or some command line parameter).
So, how is it done?
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Re: SlowChess question

Post by Guenther »

Gabor Szots wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:04 pm I'd like to use it under Arena as a WB engine but the hash size does not seem OK (only 78 MB when I'd like to have 256 MB). I have deleted the schess.dft file thinking that Slow will use some command given by Arena (e.g. the memory command or some command line parameter).
So, how is it done?
You select it in its own GUI and it is saved in the schess.dft config file ;-) (for xboard protocol)
If you know what you are doing you can write it immediately into the config file too.

BTW it was always like that for xboard mode since it existed...
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: SlowChess question

Post by Gabor Szots »

Guenther wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:59 pm
Gabor Szots wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:04 pm I'd like to use it under Arena as a WB engine but the hash size does not seem OK (only 78 MB when I'd like to have 256 MB). I have deleted the schess.dft file thinking that Slow will use some command given by Arena (e.g. the memory command or some command line parameter).
So, how is it done?
You select it in its own GUI and it is saved in the schess.dft config file ;-) (for xboard protocol)
If you know what you are doing you can write it immediately into the config file too.

BTW it was always like that for xboard mode since it existed...
Thanks Günther. I did it so before but I never liked that solution (you have to use its own GUI or edit manually). I thought it might have been changed.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group