GM Kaufman you should make tutorial Videos of your Komodo vs Humans games

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

GM Kaufman you should make tutorial Videos of your Komodo vs Humans games

Post by Chessqueen »

Just like GM KingsCrusher explained most moves to us, simply by posting Komodo games vs Humans is NOT a good way to teach us patzers what went on in those games we sometimes simply look at the outcomes to see who won without really learning anything at all. :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sc0cm7D9lY

I remember when your Magazine of Computer Chess Report first came in, that your explanation of computer games were excellent and I subcribed back in the late 80's or Early 90's just to read your analysis of early Mchess, and Socrates, just to mention a few :shock:

PS: You should also play KingsCrusher at www.Chessworld.net and he will post those games in Youtube.com
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
Chessqueen

Re: GM Kaufman you should make tutorial Videos of your Komodo vs Humans games

Post by Chessqueen »

Chessqueen wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:08 pm Just like GM KingsCrusher explained most moves to us, simply by posting Komodo games vs Humans is NOT a good way to teach us patzers what went on in those games we sometimes simply look at the outcomes to see who won without really learning anything at all. :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sc0cm7D9lY

I remember when your Magazine of Computer Chess Report first came in, that your explanation of computer games were excellent and I subcribed back in the late 80's or Early 90's just to read your analysis of early Mchess, and Socrates, just to mention a few :shock:

PS: You should also play Komodo with handicap Vs KingsCrusher at www.Chessworld.net and he will post those games in Youtube.com
Spliffjiffer

Post by Spliffjiffer »

afaik KingsCrusher is a CM not a GM (unlike GM Mr. Kaufman)...just for clarification :-)
Wahrheiten sind Illusionen von denen wir aber vergessen haben dass sie welche sind.
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

Spliffjiffer wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:53 pm afaik KingsCrusher is a CM not a GM (unlike GM Mr. Kaufman)...just for clarification :-)
Okay, he might just be a Chess Master, but his explanation of all games are far superior than any IM, FM or even GM that I have seen on Youtube. What makes him unique is that he goes beyond the executed move by explaining what would had happened if he would had taken here or play this obvious move instead of the played move. Not too many people have his talent as a narrator.

PS: IM Daniel Rensch is another great Narrator of Chess Games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMARH7cHwUI
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

KingsCrusher reviews games that are sent by the community, in fact, most, if not all of the Leela games he reviews on his channel were sent by viewers. So, if you want him to review the games of Komodo vs Human, I suggest you get in contact with him and get him to take a look at the games (probably you'd want to start with the most interesting game so it's something great to look at, he looks at curated games and not random games.)
Your beliefs create your reality, so be careful what you wish for.
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:54 pm
Spliffjiffer wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:53 pm afaik KingsCrusher is a CM not a GM (unlike GM Mr. Kaufman)...just for clarification :-)
Okay, he might just be a Chess Master, but his explanation of all games are far superior than any IM, FM or even GM that I have seen on Youtube. What makes him unique is that he goes beyond the executed move by explaining what would had happened if he would had taken here or play this obvious move instead of the played move. Not too many people have his talent as a narrator.

PS: IM Daniel Rensch is another great Narrator of Chess Games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMARH7cHwUI
We already had one self-commented Komodo vs. Danny Rensch handicap match on chess.com. Komodo won all three games, but the handicaps were less than knight odds (f7 and 3 moves, two pawns and move, Exchange plus pawn). Perhaps we could give him knight odds now.
Komodo rules!
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

lkaufman wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:27 am

We already had one self-commented Komodo vs. Danny Rensch handicap match on chess.com. Komodo won all three games, but the handicaps were less than knight odds (f7 and 3 moves, two pawns and move, Exchange plus pawn). Perhaps we could give him knight odds now.
Would that game be using a better hardware for Komodo or the same hardware with the improved Komodo, so we can appreciate the difference in Komodo improvement?
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:31 am

Would that game be using a better hardware for Komodo or the same hardware with the improved Komodo, so we can appreciate the difference in Komodo improvement?
Most likely future matches in the next few months will use the same hardware (my 4.1 Ghz 16 core i9, using 15 threads). We don't own any faster hardware (well, Mark's i9 is slightly faster now, not enough to bother switching for); we could of course rent (or borrow perhaps) some machine with a lot more cores at a lower clock speed, but the net benefit for Komodo MCTS wouldn't be enough to justify the cost and possibility of problems. And yes, it makes sense to keep hardware the same for comparison purposes, unless something changes radically (like if we find a way to use GPU for example). We would disclose any change.
Regarding my doing videos or the like, I don't rule it out, but I just don't have a lot of free time between Komodo work, playing, writing, and teaching chess, and personal responsibilities. Also I'm not very knowledgeable about the latest websites, social media, etc. I may know a lot about computer chess, but in some ways I'm still living in the last century. I would need help to do something like that.
Komodo rules!
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

I d like to see him play this handicap with your best komodo for this handicap :)
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

lkaufman wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:38 am Regarding my doing videos or the like, I don't rule it out, but I just don't have a lot of free time between Komodo work, playing, writing, and teaching chess, and personal responsibilities. Also I'm not very knowledgeable about the latest websites, social media, etc. I may know a lot about computer chess, but in some ways I'm still living in the last century. I would need help to do something like that.
The investment would be worth it. After a few months, you'll have about a hundred times the audience that you have now, and after it's set up, you just need to login to a website (such as Talkchess) start recording (which is like making a post) and point your webcam at yourself while you provide commentary of the live games as you stream your desktop. Some people even do it without the webcam and only stream their voice.

But, yeah, if you don't want to get involved in any of that, I suggest getting in contact with someone on Youtube or Twitch that already does this, and ask them if they'd be interested in broadcasting the Komodo v Human games, or if they'd be willing to take a look at the best games you can send them and comment them on their channel. Seeing how a player starting with material handicap can overcome it and win games against strong players can be very instructive, but most people in the world don't even know it's happening, chess enthusiasts already tune in to watch commentary or live matches, so they're your target audience.
Your beliefs create your reality, so be careful what you wish for.