The Busted Dutch

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ouachita
Full name: Bobby Johnson

Re: The Busted Dutch

Post by ouachita »

Master Om wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:30 pm
Ovyron wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:19 am Thanks. It's strange that my wish is to play someone so strong they can beat me on the Dutch.
Lets play. me black....
Too bad this site doesn't have a page for playing chess
SIM, PhD, MBA, PE
EroSennin

Post by EroSennin »

Just use Lichess or chess.com
Ponti

Post by Ponti »

Let Kramnik play black against 2.d5 and see what are his main ideas. :lol:
A. Ponti
AMD Ryzen 1800x, Windows 10.
FIDE current ratings: standard 1913, rapid 1931
ouachita

Post by ouachita »

EroSennin wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:03 am Just use Lichess or chess.com
The idea was to find a site where members here can play each other. I believe it can done at chessbase.com
SIM, PhD, MBA, PE
jp

Post by jp »

Graham Banks wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:02 am I found the following comments on 2.d5
Comments from whom?
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

jp wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:10 am
Graham Banks wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:02 am I found the following comments on 2.d5
Comments from whom?
https://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess- ... efence-2d5

http://www.chesspub.com/cgi-bin/chess/Y ... 1268673711
gbanksnz at gmail.com
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

Ovyron wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:19 am
zullil wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:17 pmWe can start from here, if you are interested, which Stockfish-dev says is basically even
Sure, we can fork the game. You can pretend that I'm playing my game against your Stockfish-dev and just copy the moves until your Stockfish-dev deviates from my opponent's play (my opponent played 9...O-O, so if Stockfish-dev also plays that, you just need to wait and see what move I play against him.)
ouachita wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:02 pmThen, let's play. Where, when?
Wherever you want! Sadly, I haven't found a good site where we can go, set up some correspondence time controls, and play. The ICCF doesn't allow direct matching, people from our country have to organize some match :shock: FICGS doesn't allow challenging of correspondence games, only real time controls, so to play there we'd need to join a tourney and also play against the rest of the people there. chess-server.net allows one to create a lobby, so we could create one and play, but it is public, so we have to arrange being there at the same time when game starts, and even then, last time I tried someone else entered the lobby, so I had to play them as well...

Another option is playing without clocks via a forum, on here, or on Rybka Forum Correspondence Chess section, where I played most of my games in my initial years. The problem is the server is now unstable, so it may be offline randomly for +12 hours.

So there's Ozymandias's Forum, that seems to work and is up 24/7, we even had some clock on there, with 2 days per move and 3 strikes (you can pass the move limit twice before flagging.)

But if you have another place where we can play, I'm willing to listen.
You can play long time control matches on www.chess.com....just create a profile then search for the second player and hit match challenge (or something like that..) :D :wink:
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

zullil wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:17 pmWe can start from here, if you are interested, which Stockfish-dev says is basically even
Sure, we can fork the game. You can pretend that I'm playing my game against your Stockfish-dev and just copy the moves until your Stockfish-dev deviates from my opponent's play (my opponent played 9...O-O, so if Stockfish-dev also plays that, you just need to wait and see what move I play against him.)
OK, Stockfish also chooses 9...O-O. So the position is now

[d]rnb2rk1/pp2p1b1/1q3n1p/2pp1pp1/3P4/1QP1PNB1/PP1N1PPP/R3KB1R w KQ - 2 10

I will watch for your move at the Rybka Forum, or you can also reply here.
ouachita

Post by ouachita »

supersharp77 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:28 am
zullil wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:17 pm
You can play long time control matches on www.chess.com....just create a profile then search for the second player and hit match challenge (or something like that..) :D :wink:
Unless they've changed their policy, chess.com doesn't allow engine play. They canceled my account and those of several competitors of mine 10 years ago for doing so. As long as both players are going there specifically to play games using engines, it probably doesn't matter.
SIM, PhD, MBA, PE
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

ouachita wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:35 pm
supersharp77 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:28 am
zullil wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:17 pm
Unless they've changed their policy, chess.com doesn't allow engine play. They canceled my account and those of several competitors of mine 10 years ago for doing so. As long as both players are going there specifically to play games using engines, it probably doesn't matter.
Oh.. I thought they were just playing each other without engines! If they want to use engines..use the playchess server then... :) :wink: