Looking for Chess for Android on Amazon - dgt support on kindle fires

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

Looking for Chess for Android on Amazon - dgt support on kindle fires

Post by adams161 »

I was chatting with someone who could not get his DGT board to work on Chessclub via its ICC for windows or Blitzin He did get it to work on chessbase. Now i know there are different brands now so i recommended chess for android as it supports multiple DGT boards and connects to chessclub. But he is an apple user. I suggested he could get an android tablet. But what simpler tablets to get than the kindle fires. Low cost but generally very good.

now i could not find searching "chess for android amazon" or "chess for android amazon aart" the program i know that supports DGT boards. My own program lantern chess was not in the amazon app store for many years after it was first in play store. But i found since i was not using play store services that my Android APK uploaded just fine to amazon with no changes or no different apk so it was no work but setting up the amazon page.
abik
Full name: Aart Bik

Re: Looking for Chess for Android on Amazon - dgt support on kindle fires

Post by abik »

adams161 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:15 pmnow i could not find searching "chess for android amazon" or "chess for android amazon aart" the program i know that supports DGT boards.
Sorry, not on Amazon. My app is only available through Google Play. You can, of course, sideload the APK on any device. For example, here on a Nook eInk-display (courtesey Guido Lehwalder).

adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

Re: Looking for Chess for Android on Amazon - dgt support on kindle fires

Post by adams161 »

The Amazon App store is going to be on Windows 11 now. If Chess for Android gets in that store it can reach windows users next year. Just a thought not really sure if there will be a big rush for Android chess apps on windows being there are already plenty of windows apps.