InfinityChess Forum

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jdart

Re: InfinityChess Forum

Post by jdart »

I think quite a few engine players on playchess are also active on InfinityChess.

I couldn't get the InfinityChess client software to work on my system. I downloaded it and the installer doesn't run.

--Jon
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

Yes, its every bit as good as Playchess. Only reason I also became a Paid Playchess member was because there are fewer players in the Engine Room in Infinity Chess.
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

Ovyron wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:47 am Heh, if I joined I wonder how long would it take me to be banned for complaining about how their tournaments are a joke because of the way their Tournament Directors run things, awarding free points to established players, being unfair to new players, and such :roll:
One way to find out.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

jdart wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:10 pm I downloaded it and the installer doesn't run.
Maybe it's overzealous Windows's security? Have you tried right-clicking the exe file and checking Properties, to see if at the bottom of the box Windows says it has blocked it because it comes from another machine? If there's an Unblock button it's possible clicking it and Okay would allow the installer to run.