Komodo 13.1 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lkaufman

Komodo 13.1 released

Post by lkaufman »

Komodo 13.1 has been released at komodochess.com. It is the version that just won the World Computer Chess Championship and the World Software Chess Championship in Macao, plus some small enhancements found during that event. Unlike the past few releases, this time the improvements (since version 13.02) almost all applied to both the regular and the MCTS versions. We estimate the elo gain at fast time limits from version 13.02 to be around 20 points, for both regular and MCTS versions, and regardless of one, four, or many threads. Aside from the strength gains, we have added two new skill levels at the bottom and two new skill levels at the top, so old level 0 is now level 3 and old level 19 is now level 22, with 23 and 24 being even stronger, and 25 being unlimited. Pricing remains the same, so 13.1 is free for subscribers and 20% discounted for those who bought Komodo 12 or later version. We continue to recommend the MCTS version whenever Multi-PV is used, and for more human-like play, but the normal version remains the strongest for engine vs engine games and is the one that won the WC. We suggest that the rating groups give priority to the normal version this time, since that was the focus of our efforts since the last release, but MCTS gains should be similar.
The two biggest changes in Komodo 13.1 were probably a substantially revised King Safety, and changes to the hashing scheme. There were also quite a few changes to search, and significant re-tuning of many eval terms.
Komodo rules!
Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

Re: Komodo 13.1 released

Post by Father »

Larry, Is there Komodo for IPhone ? Thanks in advance.
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.
camava
Full name: mario varela

Post by camava »

lkaufman wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:08 pm Komodo 13.1 has been released at komodochess.com. It is the version that just won the World Computer Chess Championship and the World Software Chess Championship in Macao, plus some small enhancements found during that event. Unlike the past few releases, this time the improvements (since version 13.02) almost all applied to both the regular and the MCTS versions. We estimate the elo gain at fast time limits from version 13.02 to be around 20 points, for both regular and MCTS versions, and regardless of one, four, or many threads. Aside from the strength gains, we have added two new skill levels at the bottom and two new skill levels at the top, so old level 0 is now level 3 and old level 19 is now level 22, with 23 and 24 being even stronger, and 25 being unlimited. Pricing remains the same, so 13.1 is free for subscribers and 20% discounted for those who bought Komodo 12 or later version. We continue to recommend the MCTS version whenever Multi-PV is used, and for more human-like play, but the normal version remains the strongest for engine vs engine games and is the one that won the WC. We suggest that the rating groups give priority to the normal version this time, since that was the focus of our efforts since the last release, but MCTS gains should be similar.
The two biggest changes in Komodo 13.1 were probably a substantially revised King Safety, and changes to the hashing scheme. There were also quite a few changes to search, and significant re-tuning of many eval terms.
Great new.
Do you know about the apk(android version) will be updated to 13.1?

Thank you very much
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Post by Werner »

Good News,
thanks Larry and Mark!
Werner
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Father wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:20 pm Larry, Is there Komodo for IPhone ? Thanks in advance.
It's not out yet, but it is under development. I don't really have any idea when it will be ready.
Komodo rules!
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

camava wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:39 pm
lkaufman wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:08 pm Komodo 13.1 has been released at komodochess.com. It is the version that just won the World Computer Chess Championship and the World Software Chess Championship in Macao, plus some small enhancements found during that event. Unlike the past few releases, this time the improvements (since version 13.02) almost all applied to both the regular and the MCTS versions. We estimate the elo gain at fast time limits from version 13.02 to be around 20 points, for both regular and MCTS versions, and regardless of one, four, or many threads. Aside from the strength gains, we have added two new skill levels at the bottom and two new skill levels at the top, so old level 0 is now level 3 and old level 19 is now level 22, with 23 and 24 being even stronger, and 25 being unlimited. Pricing remains the same, so 13.1 is free for subscribers and 20% discounted for those who bought Komodo 12 or later version. We continue to recommend the MCTS version whenever Multi-PV is used, and for more human-like play, but the normal version remains the strongest for engine vs engine games and is the one that won the WC. We suggest that the rating groups give priority to the normal version this time, since that was the focus of our efforts since the last release, but MCTS gains should be similar.
Great new.
Do you know about the apk(android version) will be updated to 13.1?

Thank you very much
Yes, I just learned that it is already updated to 13.1.
Komodo rules!
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

https://en.chessbase.com/post/gm-kaufma ... pet-dragon

According to the interview, the last TCEC season "ended a few days ago", with Leela winning controversially. Which season was that?! Sorry if I lost track of the TCEC seasons. :| It's not like there's a whole lot of current information on TCEC out there.
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

carldaman wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:42 am https://en.chessbase.com/post/gm-kaufma ... pet-dragon

According to the interview, the last TCEC season "ended a few days ago", with Leela winning controversially. Which season was that?! Sorry if I lost track of the TCEC seasons. :| It's not like there's a whole lot of current information on TCEC out there.
We were sent the questions at the end of May. I am not sure why the interview was not published until today.

Mark
leavenfish

Post by leavenfish »

Yes, honestly I think it was a really lame interview - the questions that is.

I have learned so much more in even a single post by Larry or Mark on this forum. :D
I suppose they had to dumb it down for the average reader so I can't blame them.

I am really enjoying using MCTS in 13.02 (needed the updated Fritz GUI) for my opening analysis. I am pretty sure I will subscribe again as a result.
Scally
Full name: Alan Cooper

Post by Scally »

Hi Larry & Mark,

Would it be possible to provide a Raspberry Pi Binary to try say Komodo v10 on Picochess & the DGT Pi?

Thanks,

Al.