Koedem 1.1.1 Release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

koedem

Koedem 1.1.1 Release

Post by koedem »

So I finally put my engine up on Github along with a release of version 1.1.1. https://github.com/koedem/Koedem/releases
Would be happy if it got tested e.g. on CCRL, should be some 100-200 points stronger than version 1.0 there.

Any opinions on which license to choose? I for now followed Stockfish's GPL 3.0. (I suppose this also retroactively makes version 1.0 open source?!)

EDIT: I should add, for testing please set the uci option Upper_KN_searched_bound to something high like 2000. (this is misconfigured in the release)
Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: Koedem 1.1.1 Release

Post by Gabor Szots »

koedem wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:49 am So I finally put my engine up on Github along with a release of version 1.1.1. https://github.com/koedem/Koedem/releases
Would be happy if it got tested e.g. on CCRL, should be some 100-200 points stronger than version 1.0 there.

Any opinions on which license to choose? I for now followed Stockfish's GPL 3.0. (I suppose this also retroactively makes version 1.0 open source?!)

EDIT: I should add, for testing please set the uci option Upper_KN_searched_bound to something high like 2000. (this is misconfigured in the release)
Nice surprise, Kolja. As your warning may be forgotten or someone may miss your post, can you not change the release with that parameter set to 2000?
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
Sergio Martinez

Post by Sergio Martinez »

Thank you very much Kolja

A big improvement. Good work :)
Member of the CCRL Group. Write me if you want I test your engine.
koedem

Post by koedem »

Gabor Szots wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:50 pm Nice surprise, Kolja. As your warning may be forgotten or someone may miss your post, can you not change the release with that parameter set to 2000?
Did change it now, hopefully I didn't break anything along the way...

As for the improvement, at this level it still is rather easy to make big improvements. :D (most of the improvement here was just adding an incrementally updated data structure to make the evaluation function a lot faster which it turn gives a x2 or x3 speedup to the engine as a whole; and yes, the eval function was that slow before, and it still is somewhat slow)
Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

koedem wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:36 am
Gabor Szots wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:50 pm Nice surprise, Kolja. As your warning may be forgotten or someone may miss your post, can you not change the release with that parameter set to 2000?
Did change it now, hopefully I didn't break anything along the way...
It seems OK, thanks.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group