Lantern Chess an ICC Interface has been removed from Google play. no warning. no real idea why

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

Lantern Chess an ICC Interface has been removed from Google play. no warning. no real idea why

Post by adams161 »

they said
Hi Developers at Mike Adams, After a recent review, Lantern Chess an ICC Interface (chess.icc) has been removed from Google Play.
Publishing Status
Publishing status: Removed
Your app has been removed due to a policy violation. This app won’t be available to users until you submit a compliant update.
Reasons of violation
Issue: Violation of Metadata policy
We don't allow apps with misleading, irrelevant, excessive, or inappropriate metadata, including but not limited to the app's description, developer name, title, icon, screenshots, and promotional images.
The information in your store listing is accessible by all users (signed-in or not) and must be appropriate for all audiences. Inappropriate text, if critical to the description of your app, must be censored within the store listing (for example, by using asterisks). Imagery must be suitable for a general audience or removed from your store listing.

The flagged content in your store listing (including the description, title, icon, screenshots, video, and/or promotional images) relates to:

Inappropriate text in metadata or logos, like profanity or crude and offensive terms
there is no profanity in the listing it is rated G. I have no idea what this is about. i've filed an appeal on the basis i need more information. i've told them i cant fix it if they don't tell me what it is. Interesting it is removed without warning.

Mike
Daniel Shawul

Re: Lantern Chess an ICC Interface has been removed from Google play. no warning. no real idea why

Post by Daniel Shawul »

That happened to me too and I didn't know my app was removed for atleast 5 years!
To make matters worse, I lost my private key that I used to sign the app with so I had to submit
a new app from scratch. I used the "google sign option" so i won't have this problem again.

What I had to do to get it published, in my case, was to just fill out the content rating form. This was not needed previously so
didn't need to do that before. It is probably that or something similar for you too.

Daniel
adams161

Re: Lantern Chess an ICC Interface has been removed from Google play. no warning. no real idea why

Post by adams161 »

I did 16 new screen shots recently, 8 for tablet and 8 for phone, and apparently the tablet console shot screen capture captured someone saying a bad word "sh*t" but without the *. I updated that screen shot and it let me republish so hoping that fixes it.

Everyone knocks apple but apple would have reviewed my new screen shots which can only be submitted with an app update and told me no go need to fix that and not removed my app later on.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

adams161 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:04 am I did 16 new screen shots recently, 8 for tablet and 8 for phone, and apparently the tablet console shot screen capture captured someone saying a bad word "sh*t" but without the *. I updated that screen shot and it let me republish so hoping that fixes it.

Everyone knocks apple but apple would have reviewed my new screen shots which can only be submitted with an app update and told me no go need to fix that and not removed my app later on.
... so were you like "oh crap, I missed the sh*t" ?

:lol:
Norbert Raimund Leisner

Post by Norbert Raimund Leisner »

adams161

Post by adams161 »

MikeB wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:47 am ... so were you like "oh crap, I missed the sh*t" ?

:lol:
Well it was a little pile of sh*t. But it was a bit more of a miss perhaps then I had indicated. You get used to hearing people chat you ignore them particularly when your screen shoting rapidly and not paying much attention. but it was like
shit hole red states
and
lazy asses
But all straightened out and I learned my lesson.