TCEC new interface

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dann Corbit

Re: TCEC new interface

Post by Dann Corbit »

I also tried Internet Explorer.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
arunsoorya1309

Post by arunsoorya1309 »

Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Thank you.
I bless you.
I kneel in genuflection before you.
And no, I'm not being sarcastic. I'm genuinely grateful.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
arunsoorya1309

Post by arunsoorya1309 »

Glad to help

All seasons are accessible as

https://cd.tcecbeta.club/json/TCEC_Seas ... ll.pgn.zip

X is season #

Kibitzer data only from S15
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

There is many that complain about Lichess V2 too. Some people never get satisfied.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Nordlandia wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:52 am There is many that complain about Lichess V2 too. Some people never get satisfied.
Maybe they have the same difficulties that I did.
Look at my image. Compare it to what the sample is supposed to look like.
All the download buttons are missing for me.

I guess you might whine too, if they told you how easy it was and it simply did not work for you.
Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Post by Ras »

Dann Corbit wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:09 amI have a very aggressive firewall (for instance, I cannot see the chat stuff) so maybe it is removing something.
Your browser or firewall or ad blocker seems to be blocking third party fonts. I'm browsing with Vivaldi (Chromium derivate) and have this filter rule in uBlock Origin: "*$font,third-party"

And the result is as seen in the first picture. At least, there's an empty rectangle because the browser is missing the download symbol from the blocked font. When I remove this filter rule, I get what's in the second screenshot, with download symbol.

uBlock Origin has also "block all external fonts" under its settings. This would block both third party and same origin fonts. Or your firewall could block the domain fontawesome.com .
Rasmus Althoff
https://www.ct800.net
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

I don't think the problem is fonts.
You will notice in my image there are no empty squares.
More likely, it requires java script.
Ever since Nimda, I have java script turned off.
Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Post by Ras »

Dann Corbit wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:28 amMore likely, it requires java script.
When I block JS completely via uBlock Origin, I don't even get the drop down with the seasons - the whole area is grey and empty. Also, no board visible. That's no wonder because the TCEC website is built with Bootstrap - which requires JS.

Btw., I like it when there's noscript tags that at least indicate what exactly doesn't work without JS. On my website, the recorded games display will not work without JS, but there's a message across the chessboard that tells it, and there are static PGN download links as fallback. But that would be harder to achieve with a complex website like the TCEC.
Rasmus Althoff
https://www.ct800.net