Arena back online

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 4812
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Arena back online

Post by Rebel » Thu May 30, 2019 5:24 pm

Martin informed me - http://www.playwitharena.de/
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

supersharp77
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:54 am
Location: Southwest USA

Re: Arena back online

Post by supersharp77 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:05 am

Rebel wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:24 pm
Martin informed me - http://www.playwitharena.de/
Great News!! Now if we can get immortal chess back up and Autochess and a few other sites back up..we'll be back in Business! :D :wink:



ps. Links pages seem to be missing...

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Arena back online

Post by Guenther » Fri May 31, 2019 10:45 am

Rebel wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:24 pm
Martin informed me - http://www.playwitharena.de/
Seems though the css file is lost or replaced or not linked anymore.
(Edit: it is completely stripped off css from previous design, despite it could be easily
used and adapted from 3col style css before)
https://web.archive.org/web/20190101113 ... arena.com/

Damir
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Denmark
Full name: Damir Desevac

Re: Arena back online

Post by Damir » Fri May 31, 2019 10:55 am

Arena webiste has not been updated for years with no new improvements….. It might as well be shut down permanently for all I care. The website is very buggy.. :o :o

jpqy
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:31 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Arena back online

Post by jpqy » Fri May 31, 2019 11:24 am

Arena 3.5.1 is available since 2015-12-20

Why not make it open-source :!:

So that people who wants to improve it can work on it..and i think many would love to see that..

User avatar
Roland Chastain
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:07 am
Location: France
Full name: Roland Chastain
Contact:

Re: Arena back online

Post by Roland Chastain » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:01 am

Good news! Thanks to Martin (and to Ed for the information).

Is the project still in development? For me I would like a new icon. I have even tried to make one. :)
256.png
256.png (6.55 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
Attachments
ico.zip
(29.38 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

Post Reply