LC0 For Android!!! History Made!!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lealgo
Full name: Leandro Álvarez González

Re: LC0 For Android!!! History Made!!

Post by lealgo »

supersharp77 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:48 pm I ran the Termux BYO last night on my Tablet(2) and my android phone Arm7...spent a lot of time and lots of downloading and "Bells & Whistles" but no LC0 engine ever did appear in my Droidfish uci engines folder..You might want to rethink that one..."A total waste of time".... 8-) :|
Sorry about that. The Termux method is more hands-on... certainly it was never bullet-proof. Now it's no longer needed. But it was very valuable as it's the first method that worked. I'll put a warning on its wiki, and point to the new one.

Regards,
Leandro
Tibono

Post by Tibono »

Hi, thanks for the links. This one works without any issue in my old config: Android 4.1.2, CFA 5.2.5 & DroidFish 1.53 DD.
Thanks as well to DKappe for the distilled NW that make performance acceptable!

Tibono
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Chess PGN Master can also run Lc0.

If you experience loses due to time forfeit at higher move number say more than 30 moves, reduce the following option value to 32 or less. Value 32 works for me, no more time loses at TC 3m+2s when using Chess for Android app.

Code: Select all

option name MinibatchSize type spin default 256 min 1 max 1024