A fabulous thing about Winboard

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dann Corbit

Re: A fabulous thing about Winboard

Post by Dann Corbit »

This is a thing for adoration. Put the product user first and cater to their needs, no matter how unreasonable they are. This is the formula to success. In business, in life, in everything.

IMO, YMMV
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

Re: A fabulous thing about Winboard

Post by adams161 »

Dann Corbit wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:30 am This is a thing for adoration. Put the product user first and cater to their needs, no matter how unreasonable they are. This is the formula to success. In business, in life, in everything.

IMO, YMMV
As the Depeche Mode song from years ago goes, "Everything counts in large amounts".

Winboard has done a good job. I"m using xboard on fics now and like it. It also has been running my pulsar on mac. I like how they captured that cross platform niche. To me that is key to a legitimate brand. Works on more than one system. I'm shooting to build a bit of a brand myself and it's work to generate a large amount of quality of course. But I have all my mobile chess apps now on both iOS and Android.