Test sets results on opening, tactical, ending

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Ferdy
Posts: 4110
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Test sets results on opening, tactical, ending

Post by Ferdy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:54 am

Compiled some test results on some engines, will update this from time to time.

You can filter and sort.
Filter engine.

Image


Filter category, top 10.

Image


Site link:
https://fsmosca.github.io/chess-tests/

Github project:
https://github.com/fsmosca/chess-tests
EPD links are in "Test sets" section

MikeGL
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Test sets results on opening, tactical, ending

Post by MikeGL » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:09 am

Thanks for the update.

Would be interesting to see Lc0 results on these tactical tests, including those deep strategic suites.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Ferdy
Posts: 4110
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: Test sets results on opening, tactical, ending

Post by Ferdy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:18 am

MikeGL wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:09 am
Thanks for the update.

Would be interesting to see Lc0 results on these tactical tests, including those deep strategic suites.
For Lc0, I don't have a decent gpu, perhaps I can try the blas backend but this would discourage the Lc0 fans :) so better not to include it. What do you mean by deep strategic suites?

Ferdy
Posts: 4110
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: Test sets results on opening, tactical, ending

Post by Ferdy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:28 am

Added Vajolet2 2.7.0, RuyDos 1.1.9, Pedone 1.9 and Xiphos 0.5 for ending.
https://fsmosca.github.io/chess-tests/

MikeGL
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Test sets results on opening, tactical, ending

Post by MikeGL » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:53 am

Ferdy wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:18 am
MikeGL wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:09 am
Thanks for the update.

Would be interesting to see Lc0 results on these tactical tests, including those deep strategic suites.
For Lc0, I don't have a decent gpu, perhaps I can try the blas backend but this would discourage the Lc0 fans :) so better not to include it. What do you mean by deep strategic suites?
Sorry, I mean results of Lc0 on positional test suites.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3043
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Test sets results on opening, tactical, ending

Post by Guenther » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:50 am

Ferdy wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:28 am
Added Vajolet2 2.7.0, RuyDos 1.1.9, Pedone 1.9 and Xiphos 0.5 for ending.
https://fsmosca.github.io/chess-tests/
Thanks, this looks quite interesting.
Current foe list count : [97]
http://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm

Dann Corbit
Posts: 10101
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: Test sets results on opening, tactical, ending

Post by Dann Corbit » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:09 pm

i guess you don't have houdini, Houdini smokes tests
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.

jdart
Posts: 3824
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:23 am
Location: http://www.arasanchess.org

Re: Test sets results on opening, tactical, ending

Post by jdart » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:00 am

I think arasan20 is mostly a tactical test suite but it has some endgame positions.

--Jon

Ferdy
Posts: 4110
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: Test sets results on opening, tactical, ending

Post by Ferdy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:13 am

Dann Corbit wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:09 pm
i guess you don't have houdini, Houdini smokes tests
I don't have latest versions of Houdini. I bought H4 before. Will try to find it, as I am testing UCI_Elo 1400 of some engines too.

Ferdy
Posts: 4110
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: Test sets results on opening, tactical, ending

Post by Ferdy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:19 am

jdart wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:00 am
I think arasan20 is mostly a tactical test suite but it has some endgame positions.

--Jon
Thanks for the info. I will not revise the set and re-test, but just revise the description.

Somehow I need to add middle phase test positions.

Post Reply