Yet another game analysis method

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ferdy

Re: Yet another game analysis method

Post by Ferdy »

giovanni wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:43 am Hi Ferdinand. Sorry to hijack your thread, but I was playing with the last version of your excellent tool on my linux box. When I analyze a game with the static evaluation using an old stock fish version everything goes fine:

giovanni@giovanni-X555YI:~/Downloads/chess-artist-master$ python chess-artist.py -infile carl1.pgn -outfile out_myg_1.pgn -eng /usr/local/games/stockfish-scidb -eval static -job none
Chess Artist 0.2.0

Analyzing engine: Stockfish 6 64 (Scidb)
Annotating game 1...
Done!!

But when I use the latest stockfish version, it chokes on the input file, until I have to intterrupt it:

giovanni@giovanni-X555YI:~/Downloads/chess-artist-master$ python chess-artist.py -infile carl1.pgn -outfile out_myg_1.pgn -eng /home/giovanni/Downloads/stockfish_19033111_x64_modern -eval static -job none
Chess Artist 0.2.0

Analyzing engine: Stockfish 310319 64 POPCNT
Annotating game 1...
^CTraceback (most recent call last):
File "chess-artist.py", line 1823, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "chess-artist.py", line 1816, in main
g.AnnotatePgn()
File "chess-artist.py", line 1465, in AnnotatePgn
staticScore = self.GetStaticEvalAfterMove(fenAfterMove)
File "chess-artist.py", line 824, in GetStaticEvalAfterMove
for eline in iter(p.stdout.readline, ''):
KeyboardInterrupt

Could you please doublecheck?
Thanks in advance.
Giovanni
Could you send this file carl1.pgn to me or perhaps just post the game with issue.

That function is only reading:

Code: Select all

Total evaluation: 0.10 (white side)
From Sf6 to current Sf, that last line is still returned after eval command. I like to see what position where chess artist failed to read. Even if side to move is already mated, Sf still send that line after eval command.
giovanni

Post by giovanni »

Hi Ferdinand. Thanks for your promptanswer. I sent the file 'carl1.pgn' as a PM. However I just checked and the lastest stockfish doesn't like even tha 'sample.pgn' file you provide. May be it is a linux issue.
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

giovanni wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:07 am Hi Ferdinand. Thanks for your promptanswer. I sent the file 'carl1.pgn' as a PM. However I just checked and the lastest stockfish doesn't like even tha 'sample.pgn' file you provide. May be it is a linux issue.
Just notice it after someone submitted a patch for chess-artist. Latest Sf uses "Total evaluation", was "Total Evaluation". This will be fixed soon.
dkappe
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Post by dkappe »

Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".
dkappe
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Post by dkappe »

Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".