Bizon workstations

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jdart

Bizon workstations

Post by jdart »

Just recently came across this:

https://bizon-tech.com/us/workstations/deeplearning

"Deep Learning" workstations with up to 4 NVIDIA GPU cards (optionally water-cooled). Pricey. Very likely nice for LC0 though.

--Jon
mwyoung

Re: Bizon workstations

Post by mwyoung »

jdart wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:40 am Just recently came across this:

https://bizon-tech.com/us/workstations/deeplearning

"Deep Learning" workstations with up to 4 NVIDIA GPU cards (optionally water-cooled). Pricey. Very likely nice for LC0 though.

--Jon
Pricey is not even close. You would be insane to buy this work station. I configured something close to what I built. And their parts when not near as good. And it was over 10,000 so I stopped.

And did you look at their wire management? That is an embarrassment for the price they are asking.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

100+ Top Universities Trust BIZON
Education Pricing Available.

BIZON G8000
Starting at $47,990 In Stock

Maybe this is why tuition at Yale, Stamford etc.. is so high. Their college is buying these machines perhaps. I wonder how in the old days colleges got by without massive computers and artificial intelligence.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
jorose
Full name: Jonathan Rosenthal

Post by jorose »

BIZON offers discounts to academic institutions and students. Contact us for details.
That's probably why the academic institutions did business with them, because they didn't pay the same prices.
-Jonathan
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Leo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:03 am 100+ Top Universities Trust BIZON
Education Pricing Available.

BIZON G8000
Starting at $47,990 In Stock

Maybe this is why tuition at Yale, Stamford etc.. is so high. Their college is buying these machines perhaps. I wonder how in the old days colleges got by without massive computers and artificial intelligence.
UW had state of the art computers when I went there.
Err... VAX 11/780, a Microvax (first one ever, some kind of prototype/beta) and a PDP 11/70.
:lol:
You could also get time on a CDC Cyber (60 bits in 1983!) and Cray 1, but not in your first year.
I am not sure if those machines were even on campus because I never saw them physically
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
smatovic
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Post by smatovic »

w00t, the G500 looks really neat, 4way gpu water-cooling, finally i found a reason to save some money for.
Considering 50K for an Nvidia DGX workstation this is a real bargain, imo.

--
Srdja
jdart

Post by jdart »

UW had state of the art computers when I went there.
Err... VAX 11/780, a Microvax (first one ever, some kind of prototype/beta) and a PDP 11/70.
Caltech had a DECSYSTEM-20 (PDP-10), which was an actual time sharing system (not common in those days - '70s), with 24/7 student access (also not common).

--Jon
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

Dann, here is a trip down memory lane.
Timeline_Vax780_2.jpg
"VAX-11/780. The VAX-11/780, code-named "Star", was introduced on 25 October 1977 at DEC's Annual Meeting of Shareholders. It is the first computer to implement the VAX architecture. The VAX-11/780 central processing unit (CPU) is built from transistor-transistor logic (TTL) devices and has a 200 ns cycle time (5 MHz) and a 2 kB cache."
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Yep, I remember using 20/20 spreadsheet software on a Vax cluster !