Playing the endgame like a boss !!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ovyron

Re: Playing the endgame like a boss !!

Post by Ovyron »

jp wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:37 pm But I don't think it's about saving time, because according to what was written it's an idea for the training, not the playing.
I mean, saving training time (say, if without this Leela would have had some strength at December, we get there In October, "saving" two months of time. Though of course we wouldn't know...)
Your beliefs create your reality, so be careful what you wish for.
jp

Re: Playing the endgame like a boss !!

Post by jp »

Ovyron wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:35 am I mean, saving training time (say, if without this Leela would have had some strength at December, we get there In October, "saving" two months of time. Though of course we wouldn't know...)
I guess we have to wait and see what they mean (if they end up doing it). I thought it might mean they are trying to make it better at all openings, not just its favourite openings, which might never happen no matter how much time you train it for, unless there's some change in how it trains in the opening. Even with changes, we don't know that will happen.