playwitharena.com domain renewed

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

playwitharena.com domain renewed

Post by adams161 »

Domain Name: PLAYWITHARENA.COM
Registry Domain ID: 83562751_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.psi-usa.info
Registrar URL: http://www.psi-usa.info
Updated Date: 2019-02-13T08:19:05Z
Creation Date: 2002-02-12T12:31:21Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2020-02-12T12:31:21Z

Looks like its good for one more year.
adams161

Re: playwitharena.com domain renewed

Post by adams161 »

This was the fifth comment int the thread Arena web site down greater than 48 hours.
Re: Arena website down >= 48 hrs
Post by tmokonen » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:42 pm

A WHOIS lookup says that the playwitharena.com domain expires on February 27, 2019.
I'm a programmer and check data keep seeing around 2-12 2-13. wehre did Feb 27th come from? It was paid over two weeks ago. Relying on this data impacted my comments. Tonight i did not rely on this data.
adams161

Post by adams161 »

The data failed a simple test. Today is March 1st and the web site while returning an error is still up. I'm not an expert on this but if you don't pay your domain you should not be able to get to playwithareana.com I do get to it but with an error.
ljgw
Full name: Laurens Winkelhagen

Post by ljgw »

The 500 server error http code that is returned when I go to the site indicates that the domain is reachable but something server side causes an error.

This is what Frank Quisinsky also said in the other thread: the site uses a php version that apparently currently is not compatible with the server:
Andreas from Hostix told me, that my older partner's working with an old "PHP" version.
The new server running since Sunday can't understand the older "PHP" version.

So the Admin of Arena have to repair that or contact Andreas from Hostix directly for more information.
This explanation matches the observed behaviour (the 500 error) so probably the site will start working again when they upgrade the PHP version (or the server downgrades and starts supporting the old version again).
Author of JanWillem (C, WB, inactive) and FrankWalter (Java, WB, https://github.com/ljgw/frankwalter)
TSU
Full name: Tony Su

Post by TSU »

IIRC I can't remember a need to login to the site, if so the website doesn't have to be PHP except maybe only to get the info. Should be deployable as a static website. Arena people should contact someone like myself to get this done in no time.

Or, I can at least deploy temporarily and upgrade if necessary. If Arena people don't have someone already, contact me. Just post to this thread person to contact and I should get a notification
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi there,

sure that Andreas from Hostix (provider) can solved the problem, perhaps with yourself.
Thanks for your mail. I send a copy of your mail to Andreas, BTW for yourself.

No contacts to my older partners since a very long time.
I hope Martin Blume and Michael Diosi are OK?!
But for myself Arena is history, sorry!

For the Arena fans, I hope that the problems with the website will be solved soon.

Best
Frank