Any news from Thomas Petzke ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

David Carteau
Full name: David Carteau

Any news from Thomas Petzke ?

Post by David Carteau »

Hi all,

Does someone have news from Thomas ? it's been almost two years since we heard from iCE !
Graham Banks

Re: Any news from Thomas Petzke ?

Post by Graham Banks »

Sent him an email. Hopefully he'll answer in this thread. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
tpetzke

Post by tpetzke »

Hi,

all is well. I'm working from time to time on a new version. It will be a SMP version then and maybe a little bit stronger than version 3 but not by a large amount. I have no idea when it will be ready for release. Maybe later this year. I rewrote some crucial parts in the engine for the SMP stuff so it will also take a fair amount of testing later on.

Lately I'm enjoying to travel with my boys to OTB tournaments and started to play myself on lichess (although I kind of suck). The time I'm able to dedicate to chess is now split between a lot of different activities, so the iCE development pace has slowed down.

Thomas...
Thomas...

=======
http://macechess.blogspot.com - iCE Chess Engine
David Carteau
Full name: David Carteau

Post by David Carteau »

Great news Thomas !

Looking forward to see the new version of iCE :D
CMCanavessi

Post by CMCanavessi »

tpetzke wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:47 am Hi,

all is well. I'm working from time to time on a new version. It will be a SMP version then and maybe a little bit stronger than version 3 but not by a large amount. I have no idea when it will be ready for release. Maybe later this year. I rewrote some crucial parts in the engine for the SMP stuff so it will also take a fair amount of testing later on.

Lately I'm enjoying to travel with my boys to OTB tournaments and started to play myself on lichess (although I kind of suck). The time I'm able to dedicate to chess is now split between a lot of different activities, so the iCE development pace has slowed down.

Thomas...
Awesome! Hope to see iCE on TCEC soon :mrgreen:
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls