SCID 4.7

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Fulvio

Re: SCID 4.7

Post by Fulvio »

Daniel wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:18 am Another question: How can I create an epd file? When I click on New... I only get two options under "save as type", si4 and pgn, but the wiki says it's possible to create new epd files.
At the moment it is not possible to create epd files.
It is not a difficult feature to add, I only wonder what the right behavior is for games that contain multiple positions.
ChickenLogic
Full name: kek w

Post by ChickenLogic »

I fiddled with the resize problem I have. I couldn't solve it. Though I noticed it is only significant when it displays a list of games - even if it is just one.
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

Fulvio wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:14 pm
Leo wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:16 pm I am going to download SCID for the first time today. I am wondering if this Shane person is still involved or who is in charge of SCID.
No, the original author of SCID stopped working on it many yeas ago:
https://sourceforge.net/p/scid/wiki/ShaneHudson/

I'm the one maintaining the project since 2013.
OK.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
giovanni

Post by giovanni »

Thank you Fulvio. However I see that the possibility to save the hash memory is still lacking. As you know, the capability to use persistent hash is a feature heavily used both by correspondence players and by people aiming to deep analysis. I am sure that the whole Scid community would be grateful is you guys could implement it.
Canoike

Post by Canoike »

Xubnutu 18.04 LInux. New Scid 4.7
When I am looking for a player and click on his name, I get this error message :

invalid command name ".playerInfoWin.photo"
invalid command name ".playerInfoWin.photo"
while executing
"$w.photo configure -image photoPInfo -anchor ne"
(procedure "::pinfo::playerInfo" line 69)
invoked from within
"::pinfo::playerInfo {Carlsen, M}"
(command bound to event)