New engine releases 2019

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Norbert Raimund Leisner
Posts: 1601
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:57 pm
Location: Augsburg - Germany

Re: New engine releases 2019

Post by Norbert Raimund Leisner » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:22 am

Demolito 2019-04-27 https://ci.appveyor.com/project/lucasar ... /artifacts (last version number
of CCWiki Chess Engine List is from 2018/10/29) > 2018/11/08 Thank you Graham for this information!

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3009
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: New engine releases 2019

Post by Guenther » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:46 am

Norbert Raimund Leisner wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:22 am
Demolito 2019-04-27 https://ci.appveyor.com/project/lucasar ... /artifacts (last version number
of CCWiki Chess Engine List is from 2018/10/29) > 2018/11/08 Thank you Graham for this information!
Not quite true. Last version via appveyor is from 2019-05-05.
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/lucasar ... s/24314077

(just always go to https://ci.appveyor.com/project/lucasar ... to/history and latest one or to 'current build' => artefacts)
Current foe list count : [91]
http://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3009
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: New engine releases 2019

Post by Guenther » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:02 pm

Knightx 1.94 available since end of May
http://technochess.free.fr/

Rhetoric website not reachable, wayback available, but no download versions saved
https://web.archive.org/web/20181228014 ... toric.com/
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://chessrhetoric.com*

oops, already reported by me.
new download for the latest version 1.43 here:
http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/discuss ... p?id=41835

Nebiyu 1.5 released end of May
https://sites.google.com/site/dshawul/n ... ects=0&d=1
Current foe list count : [91]
http://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm

joechess
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: New engine releases 2019

Post by joechess » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:52 pm

How do i get nebiyu checkers working in Winboard Alien?

User avatar
flok
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:19 am
Full name: Folkert van Heusden
Contact:

Re: New engine releases 2019

Post by flok » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:18 pm

www.vanheusden.com: Micah / Embla / PuppetMaster / DeepBrutePos / Pos / Feeks

voffka
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: Ukraine
Full name: Volodymyr Shcherbyna

Re: New engine releases 2019

Post by voffka » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:28 pm

Image

Igel 1.7.0 at https://github.com/vshcherbyna/igel/releases/tag/1.7.0 (binaries for Linux and Windows)

What's new:

- Avoid LMR for moves that make pawn pushes to 5th and 6th ranks
- Apply LMR at shallow depths
- Implement counter move, follow up move and history move pruning
- Implement probcut
- Avoid prunning in IID path
- Enable LMR during endgames
- Do not spend time evaluating forced moves, simply return an evasion move as soon as possible

Strength improvements over 1.6.0 in CCRL 40/4 time control:

Code: Select all

Score of Igel 1.7.0 64 POPCNT vs Igel 1.6.0 64 POPCNT: 178 - 105 - 295 [0.563] 578
Elo difference: 44.12 +/- 19.80
Relative strength compared to division 5 engines in CCRL 40/4 time control:

Code: Select all

Rank Name                          Elo     +/-   Games   Score   Draws
0 Igel 1.7.0 64 POPCNT           15      19     900   52.1%   29.3%
1 Arminius 2018-12-23            78      58     100   61.0%   30.0%
2 gogobello 2.0                  10      59     100   51.5%   25.0%
3 RuyDos 1.1.9                    7      57     100   51.0%   30.0%
4 Cheese 2.0 64 bits              0      57     100   50.0%   32.0%
5 Devel 2.0000                  -24      55     100   46.5%   35.0%
6 Topple 0.5.0                  -24      60     100   46.5%   25.0%
7 GreKo 2018.08                 -31      55	100   45.5%   37.0%
8 Shield 2.1                    -35      58     100   45.0%   30.0%
9 Fridolin 3.10                -115      64     100   34.0%   20.0%
Relative strength compared to Cheng 4.39 in CCRL 40/4 time control:

Code: Select all

Score of Igel 1.7.0 64 POPCNT vs Cheng 4.39: 107 - 505 - 258  [0.271] 870
Elo difference: -171.67 +/- 20.53
The previous score of Igel 1.6.0 against Cheng 4.39 is much lower in CCRL 40/4 time control:

Code: Select all

Score of Igel 1.6.0 64 POPCNT vs Cheng 4.39: 40 - 343 - 117  [0.197] 500
Elo difference: -244.10 +/- 30.51

User avatar
flok
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:19 am
Full name: Folkert van Heusden
Contact:

Re: New engine releases 2019

Post by flok » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:50 pm

flok wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:18 pm
Micah v0.1: https://vanheusden.com/Micah/
Micah v0.3: https://vanheusden.com/Micah/files/Micah-0.3-win64.zip

Changes: fix in qs that made it a bit stronger.

According to my own testing:

Code: Select all

Rank Name                   Elo    +    - games score oppo. draws                                                             
   3 Micah-8b652b1e        2152   15   15  1911   74%  1960   18% 
www.vanheusden.com: Micah / Embla / PuppetMaster / DeepBrutePos / Pos / Feeks

User avatar
xr_a_y
Posts: 729
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:28 pm
Location: France

Re: New engine releases 2019

Post by xr_a_y » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:55 pm

voffka wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:28 pm
Image

Igel 1.7.0 at https://github.com/vshcherbyna/igel/releases/tag/1.7.0 (binaries for Linux and Windows)

What's new:

- Avoid LMR for moves that make pawn pushes to 5th and 6th ranks
- Apply LMR at shallow depths
- Implement counter move, follow up move and history move pruning
- Implement probcut
- Avoid prunning in IID path
- Enable LMR during endgames
- Do not spend time evaluating forced moves, simply return an evasion move as soon as possible

Strength improvements over 1.6.0 in CCRL 40/4 time control:

Code: Select all

Score of Igel 1.7.0 64 POPCNT vs Igel 1.6.0 64 POPCNT: 178 - 105 - 295 [0.563] 578
Elo difference: 44.12 +/- 19.80
Relative strength compared to division 5 engines in CCRL 40/4 time control:

Code: Select all

Rank Name                          Elo     +/-   Games   Score   Draws
0 Igel 1.7.0 64 POPCNT           15      19     900   52.1%   29.3%
1 Arminius 2018-12-23            78      58     100   61.0%   30.0%
2 gogobello 2.0                  10      59     100   51.5%   25.0%
3 RuyDos 1.1.9                    7      57     100   51.0%   30.0%
4 Cheese 2.0 64 bits              0      57     100   50.0%   32.0%
5 Devel 2.0000                  -24      55     100   46.5%   35.0%
6 Topple 0.5.0                  -24      60     100   46.5%   25.0%
7 GreKo 2018.08                 -31      55	100   45.5%   37.0%
8 Shield 2.1                    -35      58     100   45.0%   30.0%
9 Fridolin 3.10                -115      64     100   34.0%   20.0%
Relative strength compared to Cheng 4.39 in CCRL 40/4 time control:

Code: Select all

Score of Igel 1.7.0 64 POPCNT vs Cheng 4.39: 107 - 505 - 258  [0.271] 870
Elo difference: -171.67 +/- 20.53
The previous score of Igel 1.6.0 against Cheng 4.39 is much lower in CCRL 40/4 time control:

Code: Select all

Score of Igel 1.6.0 64 POPCNT vs Cheng 4.39: 40 - 343 - 117  [0.197] 500
Elo difference: -244.10 +/- 30.51
Eh,

I have a little issue with Igel. Althought Igel is saying

Code: Select all

Igel 1.7.0 by V. Medvedev, V. Shcherbyna
uci
id name Igel 1.7.0 64 POPCNT
id author V. Medvedev, V. Shcherbyna
option name Hash type spin default 128 min 1 max 131072
option name Threads type spin default 1 min 1 max 128
option name SyzygyPath type string default <empty>
option name SyzygyProbeDepth type spin default 1 min 1 max 128
uciok
cutechess is printing

Code: Select all

Warning: igel doesn't have option Hash
Warning: igel doesn't have option SyzygyPath
Warning: igel doesn't have option SyzygyProbeDepth
Warning: igel doesn't have option Threads
What can I do ?

voffka
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: Ukraine
Full name: Volodymyr Shcherbyna

Re: New engine releases 2019

Post by voffka » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:19 pm

Salut Vivien,
xr_a_y wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:55 pm

cutechess is printing

Code: Select all

Warning: igel doesn't have option Hash
Warning: igel doesn't have option SyzygyPath
Warning: igel doesn't have option SyzygyProbeDepth
Warning: igel doesn't have option Threads
What can I do ?
Which version of cutechess? I tried cutechess 1.0.0 (it uses Qt 5.9.1) in Windows and it can properly detect the options. Are you running it in linux? Which distro, and which version of cutechess?

User avatar
xr_a_y
Posts: 729
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:28 pm
Location: France

Re: New engine releases 2019

Post by xr_a_y » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:43 am

voffka wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:19 pm
Salut Vivien,
xr_a_y wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:55 pm

cutechess is printing

Code: Select all

Warning: igel doesn't have option Hash
Warning: igel doesn't have option SyzygyPath
Warning: igel doesn't have option SyzygyProbeDepth
Warning: igel doesn't have option Threads
What can I do ?
Which version of cutechess? I tried cutechess 1.0.0 (it uses Qt 5.9.1) in Windows and it can properly detect the options. Are you running it in linux? Which distro, and which version of cutechess?
This is cutechess-cli 1.1.0 under ubuntu 19.04.

Post Reply