Tarrasch GUI 3.10c is Available

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Bill Forster

Re: Tarrasch GUI 3.10c is Available

Post by Bill Forster »

I am glad someone uses the "user options" feature. I am a little bit ashamed of this feature whereby users can set their own low level options like this. I was "throwing the dog a bone" and offering something rather than nothing. As I said earlier, Tarrasch is really for people (like me: ) who don't care about things like this so much - I want the engine to check the tactics in my tournament games and I don't really care whether the engine can be tweaked to 3300 if it is already at 3200. Basically Tarrasch reflects my own usage and engine management is rudimentary at best.

(edited later)> Having said that, there's no need to use any of the six "user options" for MultiPV (it's always 4) or Threads (I do offer a proper option for that).

Edit: Sorry I misunderstood - you want me to provide a proper user interface for the 6 parameters you have listed . I do offer it for one (threads) but not the others. Sorry. I will add this to my notes for possible future enhancements. Maybe with medium priority.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Engines will give you a feature list.
You could use that to populate a grid.

Arena takes the most popular features and sets them in a UCI settings place. So tablebase files, thread count, RAM for hash and things like that are set in a single spot for all the engines.

ChessAssistant has a nice interface to chess engines.
Arena is also nice to set up engines.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

ca-eng.png
ca-eng-personalities.png
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

arena-eng-personalities.png
arena-eng.png