Java problem

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

carldaman

Re: Java problem

Post by carldaman »

Another thing that works is having a copy of the jar or bat file inside the respective java folder, and installing it into Arena from there. Probably not the most elegant solution, but it works well especially when having separate Java versions installed.
Gregory Owett

Post by Gregory Owett »

sandermvdb wrote:
" Running my engine with OpenJDK is not that difficult: download the OpenJDK, unzip the zip file, go to the bin folder and execute the following command:
java -jar [location of chess22k.jar]

If you want to be able to execute java.exe without navigating to the bin folder, you can add the OpenJDK bin folder to the system path in the Windows environment variables."

I followed your advice, unfortunately without result. Maybe, because I have several versions of java installed. Thanks anyway.
Last edited by Gregory Owett on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregory Owett

Post by Gregory Owett »

carldaman wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:41 am Another thing that works is having a copy of the jar or bat file inside the respective java folder, and installing it into Arena from there. Probably not the most elegant solution, but it works well especially when having separate Java versions installed.
That's the solution for me! I wanted to give up when miraculously it works! Thanks a lot! :P
Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

sandermvdb wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:00 pm Best option for engine testers is to use OpenJDK I think. It is free and runs Java 11 binaries.
One drawback is that there is no executable so you have to add the java.exe manually to your path.
Oh, I think I have just learned why the system does not recognize version 11. Thanks!
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

carldaman wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:41 am Another thing that works is having a copy of the jar or bat file inside the respective java folder, and installing it into Arena from there. Probably not the most elegant solution, but it works well especially when having separate Java versions installed.
This would never have occurred to me. Thanks.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Gregory Owett wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:39 am
That's the solution for me! I wanted to give up when miraculously it works! Thanks a lot! :P
Glad my workaround was helpful!
Cheers :)