Komodo 12.2 Announcement

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

MikeB

Re: Adding 7-man Syzygy support

Post by MikeB »

mjlef wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:33 am
cma6 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:08 pm "we do not yet have support for 7-piece Syzygy, but it is on the list."

Mark, when doing this, how would you access 7-piece Syzygy?

As far as I know, in Aquarium SF or its variant asmFish also don't directly access 7-man Syzygy TBs, but rather access 6-man Syzygy on disk.

However, Aquarium GUI does give "TB7 online" access. Can you work out something with Chess OK to do this directly in Komodo? If so, Komodo would then have superior TB access and would be the must-use engine when approaching 7-man positions.
So, both chess GUI and a chess engine can access Syzygy. SOme chess GUIs can just play the rest of the game once they reach a tablebase position. I do not think the CHessbase GUIs have 7 piece Syzygy access yet. And we have not added it to Komodo, but it is on the list. Our Syzygy guy has a new kid and has been very busy this summer, but I am sure he will get to it when he has time. It is actually more complicated to do than you might think, or I would have done it myself.

The hard part for most people is how can they afford to download the huge files. If I go over 1 TB a month, I get charged by the GB by the lovely COmcast company. I literally cannot afford to download them. Hopefully that changes in the future.

Mark
RCN - 300M/bps . no caps $50/mo. took about 5 days running 24x7. Best to write a script for it.
Jesse Gersenson

Re: Komodo 12.2 Announcement

Post by Jesse Gersenson »

12.2.1 is available for download. Login to your account and redownload Komodo 12.2 to get 12.2.1.
cc2150dx
Full name: Jason Coombs

Post by cc2150dx »

Thanks! :)
Schwartmann
Full name: Andreas Schwartmann

Post by Schwartmann »

Will there be an update to the Chessbase version?
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Schwartmann wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:38 pm Will there be an update to the Chessbase version?
No, ChessBase only requested and got one update, the 12.1 update. They don't offer subscriptions.
Komodo rules!