Komodo wins 12th ACCA World Computer Rapid Chess Championships. Rofchade pretty strong.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dokterchen

Komodo wins 12th ACCA World Computer Rapid Chess Championships. Rofchade pretty strong.

Post by Dokterchen »

Hi all,

Rofchade played a pretty strong 12th ACCA World Computer Rapid Chess Championships. Unbeaten split first place together with Komodo and Chiron. Komodo won the tie breack.

http://aigames.net/ACCA/ACCAWCRCC/2018A ... sults.html

Torsten
Graham Banks

Re: Komodo wins 12th ACCA World Computer Rapid Chess Championships. Rofchade pretty strong.

Post by Graham Banks »

The link to download the games doesn't work for me.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
AdminX

Re: Komodo wins 12th ACCA World Computer Rapid Chess Championships. Rofchade pretty strong.

Post by AdminX »

Here is the windows version, I just downloaded from the website.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Herbert L

Post by Paloma »

Graham Banks wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:54 pm The link to download the games doesn't work for me.
Same here :(
Master Om

Post by Master Om »

Is rofchade strong as komodo ?
Always Expect the Unexpected
jdart

Post by jdart »

Master Om wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:29 pm Is rofchade strong as komodo ?
Rofchade 1.0 is 2771 on the CCRL 40/40 list, so no. It did really well in the tourney, but it was on pretty big hardware (Threadripper 1950X).

--Jon
Ronald
Full name: Ronald Friederich

Post by Ronald »

The "real" result was a little bit less, Rofchade won the first game against Erdo (I believe Deus X) after a few moves because of an interface problem. The game against Komodo really was a draw (which I found already impressive :D ) but due to a disconnect of Komodo the game suddenly ended in a win for Rofchade. The nicest game was against ChironX, which ended in a real win for Rofchade, and there were no losses.

The current "official" version of rofchade, 1.0 is a Piece Square Table only version, I'm currently experimenting/learning with the evaluation function in rofchade, trying to understand how/which elements work and which do not, and playing with Texel tuning. At first the results were a little disappointing (I thought every element would instantly gain elo...) I'm now starting to get serious results from evaluation, but wasn't expecting this result.