UltraCorr-2018 by Tim Harding

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

UltraCorr-2018 by Tim Harding

Post by Paloma »

Has anyone ever bought an ultra corr database from Tim Harding?
The newest one should be the UltraCorr 2018.
With over 1,830,000 games, UltraCorrX-2018 is the largest and most accurate correspondence chess game database ever published. There are more games and considerable date aimprovements compared with our last version a few months ago. Moreover it is far cheaper than the new ChessBase rival which was released last year.
but for some time the website is no longer accessible.

I put my bookmark in the wayback machine and still see the old site.

I remember that after May 8th 2018 no download should be possible.
(Wrote by Tim on his site.)

Why? Does anyone have any information about this?

I never had any corr-database from Tim
and would now like to buy the UltraCorr 2018
MikeB

Re: UltraCorr-2018 by Tim Harding

Post by MikeB »

Paloma wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:15 pm Has anyone ever bought an ultra corr database from Tim Harding?
The newest one should be the UltraCorr 2018.
With over 1,830,000 games, UltraCorrX-2018 is the largest and most accurate correspondence chess game database ever published. There are more games and considerable date aimprovements compared with our last version a few months ago. Moreover it is far cheaper than the new ChessBase rival which was released last year.
but for some time the website is no longer accessible.

I put my bookmark in the wayback machine and still see the old site.

I remember that after May 8th 2018 no download should be possible.
(Wrote by Tim on his site.)

Why? Does anyone have any information about this?

I never had any corr-database from Tim
and would now like to buy the UltraCorr 2018
I would say it is unlikely you will be able to find it offered for sale
ULTRACORR 2018
May 6, 2018
We alert readers to a special offer from Tim Harding’s Chess Mail website:

For just a few more days, to celebrate Tim Harding’s 70th birthday this weekend, the Ultracorr2018 correspondence game database is on offer at ChessMail for just 35 Euro. The offer ends on 8 May. After that the database will be completely withdrawn from sale so that Tim can concentrate on writing his next book. We do not intend to offer a new version until 2019, if ever.

With over 1,830,000 games, UltraCorr-2018 is the largest and most accurate correspondence chess game database ever published. Up to 8 May you can still buy it for €35. There are many more games and considerable data improvements compared with our August 2017 version and some updates compared with the February 2018 release. There will be no new version until early 2019 (if at all) because Tim Harding is now very busy with literary work. UltraCorr-2018 includes all the major ICCF tournaments which ChessBase are advertising as selling points for their collection.
source: https://chesscafe.com/the-skittles-room/ultracorr-2018/

The good news is that you can look for the updated version next year.
Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Re: UltraCorr-2018 by Tim Harding

Post by Paloma »

Hi Mike,

thanks for the information and the Link.