Droidfish suggestions.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

h1a8

Droidfish suggestions.

Post by h1a8 »

This is my favorite chess app for android. I love the arrows in analysis mode. I have a few suggestions though.
1. Enable an option to move the pieces by sliding/dragging them (instead of clicking on the piece and then on the square it goes).
The stockfish app for ios allows this.

2. Enable gestures to reply through the moves of the game. I usually accidentally strike a move on the list instead of the forward arrow. It's extremely annoying.
Ferdy

Re: Droidfish suggestions.

Post by Ferdy »

One of the unique features on this app is the ability to run remote engines. Here I run Lc0 from my desktop without nvidia graphics card using 80x7 net size from dkappe. This is around 2800 or more on CCRL 40/4 rating list.

The book:Ne4 is from cerebellum light polyglot book which this app is capable of using. The 3-ply look ahead arrow quickly tells what the engine is thinking without looking at the search ouput. The app is also capable of extending this to more than 3 plies. It also supports sub-variation which is perfect for creating opening repertoires.

My feature request would be the ability to add another engine, say 2 engines running at the same time. Stockfish and Lc0 would be a perfect partner to explore positions in analysis mode.
abik
Full name: Aart Bik

Post by abik »

Ferdy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:26 pmOne of the unique features on this app is the ability to run remote engines.
The Droidfish team released a magnificent product, but this statement is not accurate. Chess for Android has supported remote engines since March 2012.....
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

Aart was first,

Kind of arena for Android,
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

abik wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:27 pm
Ferdy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:26 pmOne of the unique features on this app is the ability to run remote engines.
The Droidfish team released a magnificent product, but this statement is not accurate. Chess for Android has supported remote engines since March 2012.....
Sorry my bad use of the word unique. I am aware that Chess for Android supports this. I tried it once with Stockfish and it worked.