SF quality game

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
MikeGL

SF quality game

Post by MikeGL » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:37 am

Sorry if this was discussed previously,
I think this is an amazing game from both SF and Komodo,
almost equal in quality to one of those Alekhine-Capablanca world championship games.
The blow and counter-blow against their opponents king is really amazing, almost comical. Made me smile.
Very instructive until endgame where the pawn shelter of the king (a3-pawn) at the edge of the board decides the game.

Credit goest to TCEC for this beautiful game.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Dariusz

Re: SF quality game

Post by Dariusz » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:14 pm

O yeah, amazing game, thx for sharing :D
Regards, Dariusz

Leo
Full name: Leo

Post by Leo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:33 pm

That was a nice slugfest.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.

Kohflote

Post by Kohflote » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:30 am

Wow, nice game and thank you for sharing 😊

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:40 am

MikeGL wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:37 am

almost equal in quality to one of those Alekhine-Capablanca world championship games.
The blow and counter-blow against their opponents king is really amazing, almost comical. Made me smile.
Very instructive until endgame where the pawn shelter of the king (a3-pawn) at the edge of the board decides the game.

You are 100% correct - in all honesty, it actually might be better than any game 2 humans can play today. The punches and counter punches, pieces being left en prise, the relentless attacks from both sides , the type of game that brings us back again and again.

MikeGL

Post by MikeGL » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:53 am

Your post is also true, I just reviewed some Capablanca-Alekhine world championship match.
Some of that games were won by Alekhine using very simple tactics which was missed by Capablanca.

MikeB wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:40 am
MikeGL wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:37 am

You are 100% correct - in all honesty, it actually might be better than any game 2 humans can play today. The punches and counter punches, pieces being left en prise, the relentless attacks from both sides , the type of game that brings us back again and again.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.