7 men endgame statistics

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Gian-Carlo Pascutto
Posts: 1120
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:00 pm
Contact:

7 men endgame statistics

Post by Gian-Carlo Pascutto » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:15 am

Hi,

does anyone have statistics on the most common 7 men endgames, both in human play and in engine matches?

Norbert Raimund Leisner
Posts: 1514
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:57 pm
Location: Augsburg - Germany

Re: 7 men endgame statistics

Post by Norbert Raimund Leisner » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:23 am

Hello GCP, I forwarded your request directly to ChessOK support http://chessok.com/?page_id=572 - because of http://tb7.chessok.com/ or http://tb7.chessok.com/about-site

Regards,
Norbert

Albert Silver
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: 7 men endgame statistics

Post by Albert Silver » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:45 pm

Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:15 am
Hi,

does anyone have statistics on the most common 7 men endgames, both in human play and in engine matches?
Have you tried doing database searches?
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."

Gian-Carlo Pascutto
Posts: 1120
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: 7 men endgame statistics

Post by Gian-Carlo Pascutto » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Albert Silver wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:45 pm
Have you tried doing database searches?
I don't have any ready made scripts for this, and I suspect someone else may already have gathered these statistics. I have them for 6 men, but not 7.

Dann Corbit
Posts: 9067
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: 7 men endgame statistics

Post by Dann Corbit » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:07 pm

I suspect a really good place to mine for information is the Lichess pgn downloads.
https://database.lichess.org/
Turn the PGN games into EPD and then count the piece signatures you see.
You would not need to save the PGN or EPD from the bz2 archives.
Just pipe the decompression operation to a transform PGN to EPD tool like pgn2fen and then pipe the output of pgn2fen to a signature counting tool.
I think the last one would have to be written but it should not be terribly difficult. Program filter_counter would:
0) For each PGN file
1) Toss out all EPD strings that do not have exactly 7 chessmen.
2) Examine the board to create a signature in the same format as the EGTB file names
3) Bump the count for the slot that matches the signature.
4) When the PGN file is exhausted, write the collected statistics to a database.

Something like:
bzip2 -d -c lichess_db_standard_rated_2018-05.pgn.bz2 | pgn2fen -e -l | filter_counter

Since every possible signature is known, you could make a perfect hash and it should be really fast.

I know you have a ton of FICS data, but that stuff is awfully low quality.
Lichess is probably some better.

You could go with a smaller set of data like TWIC or use computer data like CCRL and/or CEGT.
It would be interesting to see if computer verses computer data has a different signature profile than human verses human games.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.

Ferdy
Posts: 3623
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: 7 men endgame statistics

Post by Ferdy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:43 am

Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:15 am
Hi,

does anyone have statistics on the most common 7 men endgames, both in human play and in engine matches?
Not really that big, comp games are from top 10 games 10min+6sec from http://www.fastgm.de/downloads.html
and human games are from twic jan 1, 2018 to July 30, 2018 pgn issues from http://theweekinchess.com/twic
Human games are further filtered to only include a rating of 2400 or more for each player in every game.

Only one 7-men position is counted per game if present. Types KRPPvKRp and KRpvKRPP are just considered as KRPPvKRp under type column.
If a game has KRPPvKRP and another game has KRpvKRPP then the count for KRPPvKRP will be 2. The same is applied for other types.
Reading the table, KRPPvKRP has comp count of 1168 pos with an equivalent 15.24% for comp alone while it has a human equivalent of 553 counts with 33.01% for human alone.

Data is sorted on comp column in descending order.

Comp games: 13500 (top10-10min.pgn)
Human games: 12363 (twic-2400-5000-jan-jul-2018.pgn)

There are more comp than human pos because the comp games are not adjudicated.

Code: Select all

    type,    comp,     c%,   human,     h%
KRPPvKRP,    1168,  15.24,     553,  33.01
KBPPvKBP,     308,   4.02,      77,   4.60
KPPPvKPP,     307,   4.01,      77,   4.60
KRPPPvKR,     197,   2.57,      38,   2.27
KQPPvKQP,     193,   2.52,      51,   3.04
KNPPvKNP,     169,   2.21,      63,   3.76
KNPPvKBP,     159,   2.08,      60,   3.58
KRBPvKRP,     153,   2.00,      38,   2.27
KQPPvKPP,     148,   1.93,       6,   0.36
KQPPPvKP,     145,   1.89,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKNP,     144,   1.88,      59,   3.52
KRPPvKRB,     129,   1.68,      21,   1.25
KRPPvKPP,     126,   1.64,      19,   1.13
KBPPvKRP,     122,   1.59,      48,   2.87
KRNPvKRP,     118,   1.54,      36,   2.15
KRBPPvKR,     103,   1.34,       5,   0.30
KBPPvKPP,     102,   1.33,      20,   1.19
KRPPPvKP,      94,   1.23,       1,   0.06
KRBPvKRB,      93,   1.21,      26,   1.55
KRPPvKRN,      82,   1.07,      20,   1.19
KRNPPvKR,      77,   1.00,       5,   0.30
KBPPPvKP,      74,   0.97,       1,   0.06
KNPPvKPP,      74,   0.97,      19,   1.13
KQPPvKRP,      74,   0.97,       1,   0.06
KPPPvKBP,      73,   0.95,      27,   1.61
KPPPPvKP,      71,   0.93,       1,   0.06
KNPPvKRP,      70,   0.91,      28,   1.67
KRPPvKBP,      69,   0.90,      15,   0.90
KRNPvKRN,      62,   0.81,      18,   1.07
KPPPvKRP,      59,   0.77,      14,   0.84
KPPPvKNP,      58,   0.76,      21,   1.25
KRBPPvKP,      58,   0.76,       0,   0.00
KRNPvKRB,      56,   0.73,      17,   1.01
KRBPvKRN,      56,   0.73,       8,   0.48
KQPPPvKR,      53,   0.69,       0,   0.00
KNPPPvKP,      51,   0.67,       2,   0.12
KBNPvKRP,      49,   0.64,      13,   0.78
KRBPvKBP,      48,   0.63,       5,   0.30
KRPPvKNP,      48,   0.63,      17,   1.01
KQPPPvKQ,      45,   0.59,       7,   0.42
KRPPvKQP,      44,   0.57,      11,   0.66
KQBPPvKP,      41,   0.54,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKNP,      39,   0.51,       0,   0.00
KRPPvKRR,      38,   0.50,       4,   0.24
KRBPvKNP,      37,   0.48,       2,   0.12
KRRPvKRP,      37,   0.48,       4,   0.24
KRBPvKPP,      36,   0.47,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKBP,      34,   0.44,       2,   0.12
KRPvKRRP,      33,   0.43,       3,   0.18
KRBPvKRR,      33,   0.43,       5,   0.30
KQRPPvKP,      33,   0.43,       0,   0.00
KPPPvKQP,      32,   0.42,       2,   0.12
KRBPvKQP,      31,   0.40,       3,   0.18
KQNPPvKP,      29,   0.38,       0,   0.00
KRBPPvKB,      29,   0.38,       3,   0.18
KBPPPvKR,      28,   0.37,       8,   0.48
KRNPvKBP,      28,   0.37,       6,   0.36
KQPPPPvK,      27,   0.35,       0,   0.00
KBPPPvKB,      26,   0.34,       2,   0.12
KRNPvKQP,      26,   0.34,       1,   0.06
KRNPvKNP,      25,   0.33,       4,   0.24
KRNPvKRR,      25,   0.33,       1,   0.06
KBNPPvKP,      25,   0.33,       2,   0.12
KRNPPvKP,      25,   0.33,       0,   0.00
KQBPvKPP,      24,   0.31,       0,   0.00
KRRPPvKR,      24,   0.31,       2,   0.12
KNPPPvKR,      24,   0.31,       7,   0.42
KRRPvKQP,      24,   0.31,       1,   0.06
KBNPvKBP,      24,   0.31,       7,   0.42
KRPPPvKB,      22,   0.29,       1,   0.06
KRRPvKRR,      22,   0.29,       2,   0.12
KRBPPPvK,      21,   0.27,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKQP,      21,   0.27,       0,   0.00
KRPPvKBN,      21,   0.27,       5,   0.30
KBNPPvKR,      21,   0.27,       3,   0.18
KRPPPPvK,      21,   0.27,       0,   0.00
KBPPPvKN,      20,   0.26,       6,   0.36
KNPPPvKB,      20,   0.26,       4,   0.24
KNPPvKRN,      20,   0.26,       2,   0.12
KQRPPvKR,      19,   0.25,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKRR,      19,   0.25,       2,   0.12
KQPPPvKN,      19,   0.25,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKQN,      18,   0.23,       4,   0.24
KRNPPPvK,      18,   0.23,       0,   0.00
KQRPvKRP,      18,   0.23,       0,   0.00
KQRPvKPP,      17,   0.22,       1,   0.06
KQBPPvKQ,      17,   0.22,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKRB,      17,   0.22,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKRB,      17,   0.22,       3,   0.18
KQPPvKRN,      17,   0.22,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKQP,      16,   0.21,       0,   0.00
KNPPPvKN,      16,   0.21,       9,   0.54
KQBPvKQP,      16,   0.21,       1,   0.06
KRNPvKPP,      15,   0.20,       2,   0.12
KQPPPvKB,      15,   0.20,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKRB,      14,   0.18,       3,   0.18
KQNPvKQP,      14,   0.18,       1,   0.06
KQQPvKPP,      14,   0.18,       0,   0.00
KRRPPvKP,      14,   0.18,       0,   0.00
KRRvKRRP,      14,   0.18,       3,   0.18
KRBPPvKQ,      13,   0.17,       2,   0.12
KBBPvKBP,      13,   0.17,       4,   0.24
KNNPvKNP,      13,   0.17,       1,   0.06
KQBPvKBP,      12,   0.16,       1,   0.06
KQBPPPvK,      12,   0.16,       0,   0.00
KRPPPvKQ,      12,   0.16,       3,   0.18
KQNPvKPP,      12,   0.16,       1,   0.06
KRPPPvKN,      12,   0.16,       2,   0.12
KQQPPvKP,      12,   0.16,       0,   0.00
KQNPPvKQ,      12,   0.16,       1,   0.06
KQPPvKQB,      10,   0.13,       1,   0.06
KBNPvKPP,      10,   0.13,       2,   0.12
KQBPvKQB,      10,   0.13,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKBB,      10,   0.13,       2,   0.12
KBNPPvKB,      10,   0.13,       0,   0.00
KRBPPvKN,      10,   0.13,       1,   0.06
KQRBPPvK,      10,   0.13,       0,   0.00
KPPPPvKR,       9,   0.12,       1,   0.06
KQPvKRRP,       9,   0.12,       2,   0.12
KBPPvKBN,       9,   0.12,       2,   0.12
KBNPvKNP,       9,   0.12,       4,   0.24
KBNPvKRB,       9,   0.12,       2,   0.12
KRBNPvKR,       8,   0.10,       0,   0.00
KBNPvKBN,       8,   0.10,       4,   0.24
KQRPvKQP,       8,   0.10,       0,   0.00
KQNPPPvK,       8,   0.10,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKRN,       8,   0.10,       2,   0.12
KBPPvKRR,       8,   0.10,       1,   0.06
KRRPPvKN,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KRPPvKBB,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KPPPPvKQ,       7,   0.09,       1,   0.06
KRRPvKPP,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKBP,       7,   0.09,       1,   0.06
KQRPPvKB,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KRNPvKBN,       7,   0.09,       1,   0.06
KNPPvKBN,       7,   0.09,       4,   0.24
KQRNPPvK,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KRNPPvKN,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KBBPPvKB,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKQR,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KQBPvKRP,       7,   0.09,       2,   0.12
KQBPvKNP,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KQRPPPvK,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKRP,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KQRPPvKQ,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KQBPPvKB,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KQBPPvKR,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KRRPPPvK,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKRB,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KQQPvKQP,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KRRPPvKQ,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KRNPPvKB,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KQBPvKQN,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KBNPvKBB,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KQBPPvKN,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KRNPPvKQ,       6,   0.08,       2,   0.12
KPPPvKRB,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KBNPPvKN,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KQNPPvKR,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KRRPvKRN,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KBBPPvKP,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KBNPvKNN,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KPPPvKBN,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KQRBPvKR,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KQQPPPvK,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KPPPPPvK,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KQRBPvKP,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KNPPPPvK,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KRBvKRRP,       5,   0.07,       2,   0.12
KNNPvKPP,       5,   0.07,       2,   0.12
KPPPPvKN,       5,   0.07,       2,   0.12
KRBPvKBN,       5,   0.07,       1,   0.06
KQRPvKNP,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KPPPvKRN,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKRP,       5,   0.07,       2,   0.12
KBNPvKRN,       5,   0.07,       1,   0.06
KRRPvKRB,       5,   0.07,       1,   0.06
KBPPPPvK,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KNNPvKRP,       5,   0.07,       1,   0.06
KNPPvKNN,       5,   0.07,       1,   0.06
KQRPvKQR,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KRNPvKNN,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KRRPvKBP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KQBvKRRP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KRRBPvKR,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KQQPPvKR,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KPPPvKQQ,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KQBPvKRB,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KPPvKRRP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKNP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKBN,       4,   0.05,       1,   0.06
KRPPvKQR,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KQRRPvKP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KQRBvKPP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KNPPPvKQ,       4,   0.05,       1,   0.06
KRBNvKQP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKRR,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KRPPvKNN,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KPPPvKQB,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KRBNPvKN,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKPP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KPPPPvKB,       3,   0.04,       1,   0.06
KQQPvKBP,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKBB,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KRBBvKQP,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKBN,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KRNPvKQR,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KPPPvKQR,       3,   0.04,       1,   0.06
KRBBPvKR,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKQP,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKQN,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KBBPPvKR,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KRBNPvKB,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KBNPPPvK,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQBNvKPP,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KRNvKRRP,       3,   0.04,       2,   0.12
KQRNPvKP,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KRBNPPvK,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KRBPvKQB,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQBPvKQR,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQQPPvKN,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQRPPvKN,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKQR,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQQBPvKP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQNPPvKB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQRRPvKR,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKNP,       2,   0.03,       2,   0.12
KRBPvKNN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKRR,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KPPPvKQN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQQRBPvK,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KRPPvKQN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQBPvKRR,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQRPvKQN,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KBBNvKPP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQQBPPvK,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQBNPvKP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKQQ,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KPPvKRRB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KRBPvKQR,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KRNNvKRP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBNPvKQP,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KPPPvKBB,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KQNPvKRB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKNN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KNPvKRRP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBNPPvKQ,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KQNPPvKN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBPPPvKQ,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KBBNvKRP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKQR,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KPPPvKNN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KRBNPvKQ,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KQRPvKRB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQBNPvKB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KRRBPvKP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQQPPvKB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KNNPvKRN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKQB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KNNPPvKN,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KRRNPPvK,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKQN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KNNPPvKP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKQQ,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBNvKRRP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KNNPvKBB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKQB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKRP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKQQ,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KRRNPvKR,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQQRvKPP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KNNPPvKR,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KRRPPvKB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBPvKBB,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KQQPvKRB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRRvKQP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQNPvKR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRRBPvK,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRPPvKQB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRPvKBP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQQvKBP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBBvKPP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKBP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKBN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBNNPvKQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKBB,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KRRPvKQR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRNNvKQP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRBvKRR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKBB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQBNPPvK,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKRN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBNvKRB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KNNPvKRB,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KBBPvKNN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KPPvKRRN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRNPvKQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRBvKBP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQRPvKB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRBvKNP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKNN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKBN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKQR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQBNPvKQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQBBPvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBNPvKQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBBPvKB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRNNPvKR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQNvKPP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKQQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRBvKQP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBNvKNP,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KQRPvKQB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBBPvKN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKQB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBBPPvK,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQNNPvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRNNPvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQBvKRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRBvKBN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRBPvKQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBPvKRRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRPvKRRB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRNPvKN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRPvKRRN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRBvKRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBNNPvKB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBPvKQN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKPP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRNPvKR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQNPvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRBPvKN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNPvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRPvKRN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQRNvKB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRNPvKBB,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KQQBPvKQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQPPvKQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBNPvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQBvKQRR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRNvKRN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBPPvKN,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KQQQPPvK,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRBvKBP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQBNPvKN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQRvKRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRNvKQP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRRNPvK,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBBPvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQRvKQP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKRN,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KQRBBPvK,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQRBvKN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBBvKRB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBNPvKN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRBvKRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRNvKQR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQRBvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KNNPvKQP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKRR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRNvKRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRNvKQQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRRNvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKNP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRPvKNP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKRB,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KQRRvKRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQPvKNP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRBPvKB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KNNPPPvK,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBBvKRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KNNPvKBN,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KRRNPvKQ,       0,   0.00,       2,   0.12
KPPPvKRR,       0,   0.00,       1,   0.06
KBNNPvKR,       0,   0.00,       1,   0.06
KNNPvKBP,       0,   0.00,       1,   0.06
KRBBvKNP,       0,   0.00,       1,   0.06
KRRPvKBN,       0,   0.00,       1,   0.06

Sample fen from comp:




Sample fen from human:



Albert Silver
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: 7 men endgame statistics

Post by Albert Silver » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:34 am

Ferdy wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:43 am
Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:15 am
Hi,

does anyone have statistics on the most common 7 men endgames, both in human play and in engine matches?
Not really that big, comp games are from top 10 games 10min+6sec from http://www.fastgm.de/downloads.html
and human games are from twic jan 1, 2018 to July 30, 2018 pgn issues from http://theweekinchess.com/twic
Human games are further filtered to only include a rating of 2400 or more for each player in every game.

Only one 7-men position is counted per game if present. Types KRPPvKRp and KRpvKRPP are just considered as KRPPvKRp under type column.
If a game has KRPPvKRP and another game has KRpvKRPP then the count for KRPPvKRP will be 2. The same is applied for other types.
Reading the table, KRPPvKRP has comp count of 1168 pos with an equivalent 15.24% for comp alone while it has a human equivalent of 553 counts with 33.01% for human alone.

Data is sorted on comp column in descending order.

Comp games: 13500 (top10-10min.pgn)
Human games: 12363 (twic-2400-5000-jan-jul-2018.pgn)

There are more comp than human pos because the comp games are not adjudicated.

Code: Select all

    type,    comp,     c%,   human,     h%
KRPPvKRP,    1168,  15.24,     553,  33.01
KBPPvKBP,     308,   4.02,      77,   4.60
KPPPvKPP,     307,   4.01,      77,   4.60
KRPPPvKR,     197,   2.57,      38,   2.27
KQPPvKQP,     193,   2.52,      51,   3.04
KNPPvKNP,     169,   2.21,      63,   3.76
KNPPvKBP,     159,   2.08,      60,   3.58
KRBPvKRP,     153,   2.00,      38,   2.27
KQPPvKPP,     148,   1.93,       6,   0.36
KQPPPvKP,     145,   1.89,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKNP,     144,   1.88,      59,   3.52
KRPPvKRB,     129,   1.68,      21,   1.25
KRPPvKPP,     126,   1.64,      19,   1.13
KBPPvKRP,     122,   1.59,      48,   2.87
KRNPvKRP,     118,   1.54,      36,   2.15
KRBPPvKR,     103,   1.34,       5,   0.30
KBPPvKPP,     102,   1.33,      20,   1.19
KRPPPvKP,      94,   1.23,       1,   0.06
KRBPvKRB,      93,   1.21,      26,   1.55
KRPPvKRN,      82,   1.07,      20,   1.19
KRNPPvKR,      77,   1.00,       5,   0.30
KBPPPvKP,      74,   0.97,       1,   0.06
KNPPvKPP,      74,   0.97,      19,   1.13
KQPPvKRP,      74,   0.97,       1,   0.06
KPPPvKBP,      73,   0.95,      27,   1.61
KPPPPvKP,      71,   0.93,       1,   0.06
KNPPvKRP,      70,   0.91,      28,   1.67
KRPPvKBP,      69,   0.90,      15,   0.90
KRNPvKRN,      62,   0.81,      18,   1.07
KPPPvKRP,      59,   0.77,      14,   0.84
KPPPvKNP,      58,   0.76,      21,   1.25
KRBPPvKP,      58,   0.76,       0,   0.00
KRNPvKRB,      56,   0.73,      17,   1.01
KRBPvKRN,      56,   0.73,       8,   0.48
KQPPPvKR,      53,   0.69,       0,   0.00
KNPPPvKP,      51,   0.67,       2,   0.12
KBNPvKRP,      49,   0.64,      13,   0.78
KRBPvKBP,      48,   0.63,       5,   0.30
KRPPvKNP,      48,   0.63,      17,   1.01
KQPPPvKQ,      45,   0.59,       7,   0.42
KRPPvKQP,      44,   0.57,      11,   0.66
KQBPPvKP,      41,   0.54,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKNP,      39,   0.51,       0,   0.00
KRPPvKRR,      38,   0.50,       4,   0.24
KRBPvKNP,      37,   0.48,       2,   0.12
KRRPvKRP,      37,   0.48,       4,   0.24
KRBPvKPP,      36,   0.47,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKBP,      34,   0.44,       2,   0.12
KRPvKRRP,      33,   0.43,       3,   0.18
KRBPvKRR,      33,   0.43,       5,   0.30
KQRPPvKP,      33,   0.43,       0,   0.00
KPPPvKQP,      32,   0.42,       2,   0.12
KRBPvKQP,      31,   0.40,       3,   0.18
KQNPPvKP,      29,   0.38,       0,   0.00
KRBPPvKB,      29,   0.38,       3,   0.18
KBPPPvKR,      28,   0.37,       8,   0.48
KRNPvKBP,      28,   0.37,       6,   0.36
KQPPPPvK,      27,   0.35,       0,   0.00
KBPPPvKB,      26,   0.34,       2,   0.12
KRNPvKQP,      26,   0.34,       1,   0.06
KRNPvKNP,      25,   0.33,       4,   0.24
KRNPvKRR,      25,   0.33,       1,   0.06
KBNPPvKP,      25,   0.33,       2,   0.12
KRNPPvKP,      25,   0.33,       0,   0.00
KQBPvKPP,      24,   0.31,       0,   0.00
KRRPPvKR,      24,   0.31,       2,   0.12
KNPPPvKR,      24,   0.31,       7,   0.42
KRRPvKQP,      24,   0.31,       1,   0.06
KBNPvKBP,      24,   0.31,       7,   0.42
KRPPPvKB,      22,   0.29,       1,   0.06
KRRPvKRR,      22,   0.29,       2,   0.12
KRBPPPvK,      21,   0.27,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKQP,      21,   0.27,       0,   0.00
KRPPvKBN,      21,   0.27,       5,   0.30
KBNPPvKR,      21,   0.27,       3,   0.18
KRPPPPvK,      21,   0.27,       0,   0.00
KBPPPvKN,      20,   0.26,       6,   0.36
KNPPPvKB,      20,   0.26,       4,   0.24
KNPPvKRN,      20,   0.26,       2,   0.12
KQRPPvKR,      19,   0.25,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKRR,      19,   0.25,       2,   0.12
KQPPPvKN,      19,   0.25,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKQN,      18,   0.23,       4,   0.24
KRNPPPvK,      18,   0.23,       0,   0.00
KQRPvKRP,      18,   0.23,       0,   0.00
KQRPvKPP,      17,   0.22,       1,   0.06
KQBPPvKQ,      17,   0.22,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKRB,      17,   0.22,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKRB,      17,   0.22,       3,   0.18
KQPPvKRN,      17,   0.22,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKQP,      16,   0.21,       0,   0.00
KNPPPvKN,      16,   0.21,       9,   0.54
KQBPvKQP,      16,   0.21,       1,   0.06
KRNPvKPP,      15,   0.20,       2,   0.12
KQPPPvKB,      15,   0.20,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKRB,      14,   0.18,       3,   0.18
KQNPvKQP,      14,   0.18,       1,   0.06
KQQPvKPP,      14,   0.18,       0,   0.00
KRRPPvKP,      14,   0.18,       0,   0.00
KRRvKRRP,      14,   0.18,       3,   0.18
KRBPPvKQ,      13,   0.17,       2,   0.12
KBBPvKBP,      13,   0.17,       4,   0.24
KNNPvKNP,      13,   0.17,       1,   0.06
KQBPvKBP,      12,   0.16,       1,   0.06
KQBPPPvK,      12,   0.16,       0,   0.00
KRPPPvKQ,      12,   0.16,       3,   0.18
KQNPvKPP,      12,   0.16,       1,   0.06
KRPPPvKN,      12,   0.16,       2,   0.12
KQQPPvKP,      12,   0.16,       0,   0.00
KQNPPvKQ,      12,   0.16,       1,   0.06
KQPPvKQB,      10,   0.13,       1,   0.06
KBNPvKPP,      10,   0.13,       2,   0.12
KQBPvKQB,      10,   0.13,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKBB,      10,   0.13,       2,   0.12
KBNPPvKB,      10,   0.13,       0,   0.00
KRBPPvKN,      10,   0.13,       1,   0.06
KQRBPPvK,      10,   0.13,       0,   0.00
KPPPPvKR,       9,   0.12,       1,   0.06
KQPvKRRP,       9,   0.12,       2,   0.12
KBPPvKBN,       9,   0.12,       2,   0.12
KBNPvKNP,       9,   0.12,       4,   0.24
KBNPvKRB,       9,   0.12,       2,   0.12
KRBNPvKR,       8,   0.10,       0,   0.00
KBNPvKBN,       8,   0.10,       4,   0.24
KQRPvKQP,       8,   0.10,       0,   0.00
KQNPPPvK,       8,   0.10,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKRN,       8,   0.10,       2,   0.12
KBPPvKRR,       8,   0.10,       1,   0.06
KRRPPvKN,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KRPPvKBB,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KPPPPvKQ,       7,   0.09,       1,   0.06
KRRPvKPP,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKBP,       7,   0.09,       1,   0.06
KQRPPvKB,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KRNPvKBN,       7,   0.09,       1,   0.06
KNPPvKBN,       7,   0.09,       4,   0.24
KQRNPPvK,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KRNPPvKN,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KBBPPvKB,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKQR,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KQBPvKRP,       7,   0.09,       2,   0.12
KQBPvKNP,       7,   0.09,       0,   0.00
KQRPPPvK,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKRP,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KQRPPvKQ,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KQBPPvKB,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KQBPPvKR,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KRRPPPvK,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKRB,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KQQPvKQP,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KRRPPvKQ,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KRNPPvKB,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KQBPvKQN,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KBNPvKBB,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KQBPPvKN,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KRNPPvKQ,       6,   0.08,       2,   0.12
KPPPvKRB,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KBNPPvKN,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KQNPPvKR,       6,   0.08,       0,   0.00
KRRPvKRN,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KBBPPvKP,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KBNPvKNN,       6,   0.08,       1,   0.06
KPPPvKBN,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KQRBPvKR,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KQQPPPvK,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KPPPPPvK,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KQRBPvKP,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KNPPPPvK,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KRBvKRRP,       5,   0.07,       2,   0.12
KNNPvKPP,       5,   0.07,       2,   0.12
KPPPPvKN,       5,   0.07,       2,   0.12
KRBPvKBN,       5,   0.07,       1,   0.06
KQRPvKNP,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KPPPvKRN,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKRP,       5,   0.07,       2,   0.12
KBNPvKRN,       5,   0.07,       1,   0.06
KRRPvKRB,       5,   0.07,       1,   0.06
KBPPPPvK,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KNNPvKRP,       5,   0.07,       1,   0.06
KNPPvKNN,       5,   0.07,       1,   0.06
KQRPvKQR,       5,   0.07,       0,   0.00
KRNPvKNN,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KRRPvKBP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KQBvKRRP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KRRBPvKR,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KQQPPvKR,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KPPPvKQQ,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KQBPvKRB,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KPPvKRRP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKNP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKBN,       4,   0.05,       1,   0.06
KRPPvKQR,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KQRRPvKP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KQRBvKPP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KNPPPvKQ,       4,   0.05,       1,   0.06
KRBNvKQP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKRR,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KRPPvKNN,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KPPPvKQB,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KRBNPvKN,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKPP,       4,   0.05,       0,   0.00
KPPPPvKB,       3,   0.04,       1,   0.06
KQQPvKBP,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKBB,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KRBBvKQP,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKBN,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KRNPvKQR,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KPPPvKQR,       3,   0.04,       1,   0.06
KRBBPvKR,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKQP,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKQN,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KBBPPvKR,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KRBNPvKB,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KBNPPPvK,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQBNvKPP,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KRNvKRRP,       3,   0.04,       2,   0.12
KQRNPvKP,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KRBNPPvK,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KRBPvKQB,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQBPvKQR,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQQPPvKN,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQRPPvKN,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKQR,       3,   0.04,       0,   0.00
KQQBPvKP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQNPPvKB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQRRPvKR,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKNP,       2,   0.03,       2,   0.12
KRBPvKNN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKRR,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KPPPvKQN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQQRBPvK,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KRPPvKQN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQBPvKRR,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQRPvKQN,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KBBNvKPP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQQBPPvK,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQBNPvKP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKQQ,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KPPvKRRB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KRBPvKQR,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KRNNvKRP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBNPvKQP,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KPPPvKBB,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KQNPvKRB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKNN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KNPvKRRP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBNPPvKQ,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KQNPPvKN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBPPPvKQ,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KBBNvKRP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKQR,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KPPPvKNN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KRBNPvKQ,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KQRPvKRB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQBNPvKB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KRRBPvKP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQQPPvKB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KNNPvKRN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKQB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KNNPPvKN,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KRRNPPvK,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKQN,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KNNPPvKP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKQQ,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBNvKRRP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KNNPvKBB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKQB,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKRP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KBPPvKQQ,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KRRNPvKR,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KQQRvKPP,       2,   0.03,       0,   0.00
KNNPPvKR,       2,   0.03,       1,   0.06
KRRPPvKB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBPvKBB,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KQQPvKRB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRRvKQP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQNPvKR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRRBPvK,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRPPvKQB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRPvKBP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQQvKBP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBBvKPP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKBP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQNPvKBN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBNNPvKQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKBB,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KRRPvKQR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRNNvKQP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRBvKRR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKBB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQBNPPvK,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKRN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBNvKRB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KNNPvKRB,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KBBPvKNN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KPPvKRRN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRNPvKQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRBvKBP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQRPvKB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRBvKNP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQPPvKNN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKBN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKQR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQBNPvKQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQBBPvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBNPvKQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBBPvKB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRNNPvKR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQNvKPP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKQQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRBvKQP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBNvKNP,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KQRPvKQB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBBPvKN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KNPPvKQB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBBPPvK,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQNNPvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRNNPvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQBvKRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRBvKBN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRBPvKQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBPvKRRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRPvKRRB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRNPvKN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRPvKRRN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRBvKRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBNNPvKB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBPvKQN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKPP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRNPvKR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQNPvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRBPvKN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNPvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRPvKRN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQRNvKB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRNPvKBB,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KQQBPvKQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQPPvKQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBNPvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQBvKQRR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRNvKRN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBPPvKN,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KQQQPPvK,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRBvKBP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQBNPvKN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQRvKRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRNvKQP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRRNPvK,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBBPvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQRvKQP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKRN,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KQRBBPvK,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQRBvKN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBBvKRB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBNPvKN,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRBvKRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRNvKQR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQRBvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KNNPvKQP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKRR,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRNvKRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRNvKQQ,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQRRNvKP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBNvKNP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRPvKNP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KBBPvKRB,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KQRRvKRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KQQPvKNP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRRBPvKB,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KNNPPPvK,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KRBBvKRP,       1,   0.01,       0,   0.00
KNNPvKBN,       1,   0.01,       1,   0.06
KRRNPvKQ,       0,   0.00,       2,   0.12
KPPPvKRR,       0,   0.00,       1,   0.06
KBNNPvKR,       0,   0.00,       1,   0.06
KNNPvKBP,       0,   0.00,       1,   0.06
KRBBvKNP,       0,   0.00,       1,   0.06
KRRPvKBN,       0,   0.00,       1,   0.06
The way rook + 2 pawns vs rook + pawn dominates the statistics is very interesting.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."

Gian-Carlo Pascutto
Posts: 1120
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: 7 men endgame statistics

Post by Gian-Carlo Pascutto » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:49 am

Thank you very much Ferdy.

I am not surprised by KRPPKRP, I hope the Syzygy is available soon.

Colin-G
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:30 pm
Location: England

Re: 7 men endgame statistics

Post by Colin-G » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:30 am

I also am not surprised that KRPPKRP is the most common.
In my Scid database of over 32000 engine-engine games, the Scid search tool finds that this 7 man position occurs in 5.8% of the games.

Norbert Raimund Leisner
Posts: 1514
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:57 pm
Location: Augsburg - Germany

Re: 7 men endgame statistics

Post by Norbert Raimund Leisner » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:54 am

Norbert Raimund Leisner wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:23 am
Hello GCP, I forwarded your request directly to ChessOK support http://chessok.com/?page_id=572 - because of http://tb7.chessok.com/ or http://tb7.chessok.com/about-site

Regards,
Norbert
Convekta´s answer: we don't have such statistics and don't know who have it

Post Reply