ShashChess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Eduard
Full name: N.N.

Re: ShashChess

Post by Eduard »

Thanks for the engine. I especially like the new MCTS Settings. I am currently playing with the engine at today's InfinityChess tournament (after 12 Rounds +1 with MCTS = Single). Unfortunately the engine has a timing problem (Stockfish too). The new tournament level on InfinityChess is now 5m + 3s. Even though I had set the slow mover to 145, the engine moved the first calculated move (Move 5) after 5s. That is to fast. The clock showed 5m + 13s. I can't play like that.
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Post by peter »

amchess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:10 pm Concurrent experience is for cutechess user using concurrency.
No: the merge mode is the same, but the file names convention is the following one:
experience.bin
experience0.bin
experience1.bin
Not only does merging of experience- files not work with ShashChess 17 sse41-popcnt at Fritz GUI and Windows7x64 Pro, learning at backward analysis nor at game playing doesn't work neither. An experience.bin is created but it doesn't get any bigger than 1Kb, not at automatic Backward of 60 games nor at 8 games engine- engine playing.
With BrainLearnDGV 1.0 it grows slowly but steadily. 5Kb after Backward of 60 games, 1 more after 2 games engine- engine. And merging of experience files works with BrainLearn (sse41-popcnt compile too) as well regards
Peter.
Cornfed
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Post by Cornfed »

Eduard wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:02 pm Thanks for the engine. I especially like the new MCTS Settings. I am currently playing with the engine at today's InfinityChess tournament (after 12 Rounds +1 with MCTS = Single). Unfortunately the engine has a timing problem (Stockfish too). The new tournament level on InfinityChess is now 5m + 3s. Even though I had set the slow mover to 145, the engine moved the first calculated move (Move 5) after 5s. That is to fast. The clock showed 5m + 13s. I can't play like that.
"You" can't play like that.... :lol:
amchess

Post by amchess »

peter wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:09 pm
amchess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:10 pm Concurrent experience is for cutechess user using concurrency.
No: the merge mode is the same, but the file names convention is the following one:
experience.bin
experience0.bin
experience1.bin
Not only does merging of experience- files not work with ShashChess 17 sse41-popcnt at Fritz GUI and Windows7x64 Pro, learning at backward analysis nor at game playing doesn't work neither. An experience.bin is created but it doesn't get any bigger than 1Kb, not at automatic Backward of 60 games nor at 8 games engine- engine playing.
With BrainLearnDGV 1.0 it grows slowly but steadily. 5Kb after Backward of 60 games, 1 more after 2 games engine- engine. And merging of experience files works with BrainLearn (sse41-popcnt compile too) as well regards
To merge experience files it's better to use BrainLearn.
The experience file increases its size only when standard or self learning option is selected.
Regards,
Andrea
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Post by peter »

amchess wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:46 am The experience file increases its size only when standard or self learning option is selected.
Thanks, I know so regards
Peter.
Eduard

Post by Eduard »

Dear Andrea! I noticed that ShashChess creates a learning file called experience.bin. But if I switch on MCTS (the setting Single) then experience.bin becomes experience_new.bin. When MCTS is switched off again, the learning file is called experience.bin again. Why this?
Eduard

Post by Eduard »

The engine plays impressive and very interesting. I played tournaments on PlayChess and InfinityChess for 2 days. MCTS was set for single. Yesterday on Infinity +1 and 5th place and in the Bullet on PlayChess 3rd place. Today on InfinityChess also +1 and 3rd place, tied with the winner. With 23.000 kns (start position) that is a very good result.
amchess

Post by amchess »

ShashChess 17.1
Solved an important bug on the search for Shashin theory.
The engine now is a lot stronger.
https://github.com/amchess/ShashChess/wiki/Matches
Aligned with Stockfish patch
Author: candirufish Date: Mon May 31 18:31:32 2021 +0200 Timestamp: 1622478692 Check Extension with Static Evaluation extension for checking moves, at higher depth and more decisive positions.
https://github.com/amchess/ShashChess/releases/tag/17.1
amchess

Post by amchess »

An extraordinary result also on hard positions:
https://github.com/amchess/ShashChess/w ... te-results
Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Post by Paloma »

What means eg. 1q1r3k/3P1pp1/ppBR1n1p/4Q2P/P4P2/8/5PK1/8 w - - bm Rxf6 :
the numbers 64 and 88 in your spreadsheet ?

Rf6 (64) 1 Rf6 (88)

For other positions there are also 100 and 100 for both engines displayed, so it whould not sec. ?