ShashChess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Re: ShashChess

Post by peter »

peter wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:25 am And one more question, please
Sorry, found Readme in source- download not until now, so most of my questions are answered there already anyhow.
About merging, guess I forgot first (best) one should be called experience0.bin, not 01.
:oops:
Peter.
Archimedes
Full name: Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

amchess

Post by amchess »

Concurrent experience is for cutechess user using concurrency.
No: the merge mode is the same, but the file names convention is the following one:
experience.bin
experience0.bin
experience1.bin
amchess

Post by amchess »

Archimedes wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:28 pm ShashChess 17 for Android:
https://app.box.com/s/m65wmqzr14vbxf7pvwl0qex4mxlnrz97
Thanks a lot
peter

Post by peter »

amchess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:10 pm Concurrent experience is for cutechess user using concurrency.
No: the merge mode is the same, but the file names convention is the following one:
experience.bin
experience0.bin
experience1.bin
Thanks, did remember then correctly on my own, yet it doesn't work with ShashChess (17 nor 16) sse41-popcnt on Windows7x64 Pro. With BrainLearn it does. BTW thanks for Pure NNUE eval option regards
Peter.
Eduard
Full name: N.N.

Post by Eduard »

Thanks for the engine. I especially like the new MCTS Settings. I am currently playing with the engine at today's InfinityChess tournament (after 12 Rounds +1 with MCTS = Single). Unfortunately the engine has a timing problem (Stockfish too). The new tournament level on InfinityChess is now 5m + 3s. Even though I had set the slow mover to 145, the engine moved the first calculated move (Move 5) after 5s. That is to fast. The clock showed 5m + 13s. I can't play like that.
peter

Post by peter »

amchess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:10 pm Concurrent experience is for cutechess user using concurrency.
experience.bin
experience0.bin
experience1.bin
Not only does merging of experience- files not work with ShashChess 17 sse41-popcnt at Fritz GUI and Windows7x64 Pro, learning at backward analysis nor at game playing doesn't work neither. An experience.bin is created but it doesn't get any bigger than 1Kb, not at automatic Backward of 60 games nor at 8 games engine- engine playing.
With BrainLearnDGV 1.0 it grows slowly but steadily. 5Kb after Backward of 60 games, 1 more after 2 games engine- engine. And merging of experience files works with BrainLearn (sse41-popcnt compile too) as well regards
Peter.
Cornfed
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Post by Cornfed »

Eduard wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:02 pm Thanks for the engine. I especially like the new MCTS Settings. I am currently playing with the engine at today's InfinityChess tournament (after 12 Rounds +1 with MCTS = Single). Unfortunately the engine has a timing problem (Stockfish too). The new tournament level on InfinityChess is now 5m + 3s. Even though I had set the slow mover to 145, the engine moved the first calculated move (Move 5) after 5s. That is to fast. The clock showed 5m + 13s. I can't play like that.
"You" can't play like that.... :lol:
amchess

Post by amchess »

peter wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:09 pm
experience.bin
experience0.bin
experience1.bin
Not only does merging of experience- files not work with ShashChess 17 sse41-popcnt at Fritz GUI and Windows7x64 Pro, learning at backward analysis nor at game playing doesn't work neither. An experience.bin is created but it doesn't get any bigger than 1Kb, not at automatic Backward of 60 games nor at 8 games engine- engine playing.
With BrainLearnDGV 1.0 it grows slowly but steadily. 5Kb after Backward of 60 games, 1 more after 2 games engine- engine. And merging of experience files works with BrainLearn (sse41-popcnt compile too) as well regards
To merge experience files it's better to use BrainLearn.
The experience file increases its size only when standard or self learning option is selected.
Regards,
Andrea
peter

Post by peter »

amchess wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:46 am The experience file increases its size only when standard or self learning option is selected.
Thanks, I know so regards
Peter.