chessbase fritz 16 vs komodo 12

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
h1a8
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:23 am

chessbase fritz 16 vs komodo 12

Post by h1a8 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:05 am

I was thinking of buying fritz 16 because of the new training features (assisted and tactical analysis and other new features). But I saw komodo 12 with the monte carlo feature. My questions are:

1. Does komodo have every training feature Fritz 16 has but with the added monte carlo feature?
2. Does fritz 16 have the monte carlo feature?
3. Is the monte carlo feature interesting? They advertise that Alpha 0 uses the same analysis technology.

Thanks!

User avatar
reflectionofpower
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:28 pm
Location: USA

Re: chessbase fritz 16 vs komodo 12

Post by reflectionofpower » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:23 am

h1a8 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:05 am
I was thinking of buying fritz 16 because of the new training features (assisted and tactical analysis and other new features). But I saw komodo 12 with the monte carlo feature. My questions are:

1. Does komodo have every training feature Fritz 16 has but with the added monte carlo feature?
2. Does fritz 16 have the monte carlo feature?
3. Is the monte carlo feature interesting? They advertise that Alpha 0 uses the same analysis technology.

Thanks!
1) Komodo is a separate UCI engine devoid of any of the Fritz features but a very strong engine with the Monte features.

2)No

3)The Monte Carlo feature is interesting https://en.chessbase.com/post/komodo-mc ... r-approach
"hodie mihi, cras tibi"

Lonnie

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3100
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: chessbase fritz 16 vs komodo 12

Post by Guenther » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:10 am

reflectionofpower wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:23 am
h1a8 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:05 am
I was thinking of buying fritz 16 because of the new training features (assisted and tactical analysis and other new features). But I saw komodo 12 with the monte carlo feature. My questions are:

1. Does komodo have every training feature Fritz 16 has but with the added monte carlo feature?
2. Does fritz 16 have the monte carlo feature?
3. Is the monte carlo feature interesting? They advertise that Alpha 0 uses the same analysis technology.

Thanks!
1) Komodo is a separate UCI engine devoid of any of the Fritz features but a very strong engine with the Monte features.

...
If he meant to buy Komodo 12 from Chessbase you are wrong.
In this case he gets the lastest F16 GUI with it.

https://shop.chessbase.com/en/products/ ... 5OH0EFN840

Code: Select all

Komodo Chess 12 includes:

    Improved Komodo 12 multi-processor engine
    New Komodo 12 “Monte Carlo” engine
    New Fritz 16 program interface
    6 months ChessBase Premium Account
Current foe list count : [101]
http://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm

Leo
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:55 pm
Location: USA/Minnesota
Full name: Leo

Re: chessbase fritz 16 vs komodo 12

Post by Leo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:43 pm

I find myself very interested in the Monte Carlo Tree Search. Lets see what it can do.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.

User avatar
reflectionofpower
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:28 pm
Location: USA

Re: chessbase fritz 16 vs komodo 12

Post by reflectionofpower » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Guenther wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:10 am
reflectionofpower wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:23 am
h1a8 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:05 am
I was thinking of buying fritz 16 because of the new training features (assisted and tactical analysis and other new features). But I saw komodo 12 with the monte carlo feature. My questions are:

1. Does komodo have every training feature Fritz 16 has but with the added monte carlo feature?
2. Does fritz 16 have the monte carlo feature?
3. Is the monte carlo feature interesting? They advertise that Alpha 0 uses the same analysis technology.

Thanks!
1) Komodo is a separate UCI engine devoid of any of the Fritz features but a very strong engine with the Monte features.

...
If he meant to buy Komodo 12 from Chessbase you are wrong.
In this case he gets the lastest F16 GUI with it.

https://shop.chessbase.com/en/products/ ... 5OH0EFN840

Code: Select all

Komodo Chess 12 includes:

    Improved Komodo 12 multi-processor engine
    New Komodo 12 “Monte Carlo” engine
    New Fritz 16 program interface
    6 months ChessBase Premium Account

Thanks for bringing that out. I was so stuck on the two that I didn't specify that. :shock:
"hodie mihi, cras tibi"

Lonnie

mjlef
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:08 pm
Contact:

Re: chessbase fritz 16 vs komodo 12

Post by mjlef » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:21 am

Guenther wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:10 am
reflectionofpower wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:23 am
h1a8 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:05 am
I was thinking of buying fritz 16 because of the new training features (assisted and tactical analysis and other new features). But I saw komodo 12 with the monte carlo feature. My questions are:

1. Does komodo have every training feature Fritz 16 has but with the added monte carlo feature?
2. Does fritz 16 have the monte carlo feature?
3. Is the monte carlo feature interesting? They advertise that Alpha 0 uses the same analysis technology.

Thanks!
1) Komodo is a separate UCI engine devoid of any of the Fritz features but a very strong engine with the Monte features.

...
If he meant to buy Komodo 12 from Chessbase you are wrong.
In this case he gets the lastest F16 GUI with it.

https://shop.chessbase.com/en/products/ ... 5OH0EFN840

Code: Select all

Komodo Chess 12 includes:

    Improved Komodo 12 multi-processor engine
    New Komodo 12 “Monte Carlo” engine
    New Fritz 16 program interface
    6 months ChessBase Premium Account
I checked with Chessbase and they confirmed the Komodo 12 package from Chessbase has an identical GUI as the Fritz 16 package.

Mark

Post Reply