Good low cost web hosting

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Modern Times

Good low cost web hosting

Post by Modern Times »

Slightly off topic I guess so I hope the mods don't mind. Our existing CCRL iPage web hosting expires in a couple of months, and the price increase on it is huge so we are look at alternatives.

Can anyone recommend decent low-cost hosting that doesn't have tight disk space restrictions (we need up to about 20GB), and allows cgi scripting within the site ?
nabildanial

Re: Good low cost web hosting

Post by nabildanial »

I use iPage and InMotion Hosting right now for my business, and I think InMotion is better in every way. You should check it out.
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

I use one.com. You get 25Gb disk space for 2,40 € /month.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

I'll check InMotion and one.com, thanks ! And any more suggestions welcome.
chetday

Post by chetday »

Jim Nelson of https://websitemanagers.net/ has provided me and my business with excellent hosting for close to 20 years now. His customer support is top notch.
jdart

Post by jdart »

I am using Dotster. They don't limit disk space or bandwith and they are inexpensive. I've never had a problem with them.

--Jon
Jesse Gersenson

Post by Jesse Gersenson »

Amazon AWS EC2 has a basic offering for about 3 USD/month. Digital has an offering for 5 USD/month. Both are VPS and give you root command line access.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

jdart wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:40 pm I am using Dotster. They don't limit disk space or bandwith and they are inexpensive. I've never had a problem with them.

--Jon
Checked them, they are a sister company to iPage and $3.75 per month. Probably share the same infrastructure. So that is definitely an option.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Rebel wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:33 am I use one.com. You get 25Gb disk space for 2,40 € /month.
Their professional plus plan is currently half price, £2.69 per month for new customers. Have contacted them about scripting support.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Modern Times wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:07 am Slightly off topic I guess so I hope the mods don't mind. Our existing CCRL iPage web hosting expires in a couple of months, and the price increase on it is huge so we are look at alternatives.

Can anyone recommend decent low-cost hosting that doesn't have tight disk space restrictions (we need up to about 20GB), and allows cgi scripting within the site ?
https://www.pair.com/webhosting/specials.html

Let me know if you might be interested and I can get you a 20% off coupon . Pm me if you're interested.
Another advantage is they are located in Pittsburgh - so it's always good to be physically close by and the same time zone. You can actually visit the data center at low cost to see if the are they up to snuff since the web today is more important to a business today than ever as more sales move to the internet.

Edit - Sorry , I thought this was posted by talk chess.com - not sure where you a located - but as you know you don't have to be close. PM if you would like the 20% off code regardless.