New phpBB Talkchess Forum presentation

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Re: New phpBB Talkchess Forum presentation

Post by mar »

phhnguyen wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:33 am Other problem I have seen is that the forum now show usernames but not names. Sometimes it is hard to guess who is who :)
Yes, this is #1 problem for me as well!
Martin Sedlak
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

Ok, seriously, no display name in phpBB? but I can edit my location and avatar, that's really awesome :roll: and I can't change my login either.
I wonder how this was done in the previous forum, some extension maybe?
I hope this will be sorted out. Plus some people mentioned search doesn't work on old posts, that's #2 problem for me.
#3 is probably no boards/games yet?
Early days, I get it, but mixed feelings. And the new design is absolutely horrible, is this the default? Tiny fonts plus only utilizing a fraction of the screen horizontally...
UX fail in general... lots of useless clutter, very messy :)
Martin Sedlak
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

phhnguyen wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:48 am Look like we are missing the button "Thread view"? :?:
Thread view does not exist in the 3.x versions, but that was already told years ago.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...