GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Uri Blass

Re: GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero

Post by Uri Blass »

AdminX wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:
Leto wrote:Only id125 was used for the match because Andrew was not able to win a game. Leela won the match 12.5-1.5. Immediately after the match Andrew challenged Leela to ultrabullet, match score was 2-24 before Andrew finally managed to beat Leela.

During Andrew's stream on twitch the viewer count often passed 2,000,

Did they use better hardware than TCEC's hardware against the GM?
Leela Chess Offcial Running on GTX 1060 6GB, i5-6600K @ 3.50 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro
I do not know what is the speed of this hardware compared to TCEC's hardware.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Uri Blass wrote:
AdminX wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:
Leto wrote:Only id125 was used for the match because Andrew was not able to win a game. Leela won the match 12.5-1.5. Immediately after the match Andrew challenged Leela to ultrabullet, match score was 2-24 before Andrew finally managed to beat Leela.

Leela Chess Offcial Running on GTX 1060 6GB, i5-6600K @ 3.50 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro
I do not know what is the speed of this hardware compared to TCEC's hardware.
Weak compared to TCEC, I dont know about the GPU however.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by whereagles »

could not see the match, but seems it was a near-washout... :shock:

I had 2 won games on the play.lczero.org website, but got sloppy and lost one and drew the other. Happy to see I'm in good company LOL :D

Yet, in TCEC leela is being zapped. Oh well.. :wink:
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Uri Blass wrote:

I wonder if it is the same weak program that lose almost every game in TCEC and how it is possible.

Leela has only 0.5 out of 20 in TCEC because I do not count win against Scorpio when Scorpio crashed.

If the opponents have average rating near 2900 it suggest a rating that is clearly lower than 2600.

Edit:The average rating of the opponents is 2926 and
I read there
LCZero 0.7 ID125 2714
http://tcec.chessdom.com/live.php

The performance is clearly lower than 2714 with 0.5 out of 20(I do not count crash in the beginning of the game against Scorpio).
Leela's weaker tactics are only exposed when playing other strong engines. When facing human masters they are far less apparent. This explains the seeming discrepancy in results more so than the hardware used.
Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

Ted. Is it possiboe for me play a match agaist LCZero?

Post by Father »

Ted. Is it possible for me play a match agaist LCZero? At exact match that thisone of th GM ?
Best regards,
Pablo
:(
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.
AdminX

Re: Ted. Is it possiboe for me play a match agaist LCZero?

Post by AdminX »

Father wrote:Ted. Is it possible for me play a match agaist LCZero? At exact match that thisone of th GM ?
Best regards,
Pablo
Yes, I believe so. You just have to catch it when it is online. Setup a LiChess account if you don't already have one and then just follow the LeelaChessOfficail Bot. See the links below:

https://lichess.org

https://lichess.org/@/LeelaChessOfficial
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

AdminX wrote:
Father wrote:Ted. Is it possible for me play a match agaist LCZero? At exact match that thisone of th GM ?
Best regards,
Pablo
Yes, I believe so. You just have to catch it when it is online. Setup a LiChess account if you don't already have one and then just follow the LeelaChessOfficail Bot. See the links below:

You cannot challenge it (the one who played A. Tang) you have to challenge the 'BOT LeelaChess' account, which seems to run on much lower hardware.

Code: Select all

BOT LeelaChess

Accepting all players. Titled and un-titled. Leela Chess Zero - Rated - Only Hyper Bullet, Bullet, Blitz and Rapid. Send her a challenge and wait in queue. If you are titled and want her to yourself for a few games, please DM me. If you enjoy playing with Leela consider donating to keep my computer running and maybe get it hosted: paypal.me/careless25 

ULTRABULLET 2181 43 Partien 56
BULLET 2265 85 Partien 4
BLITZ 2367 233 Partien 59
RAPID 2478? 49 Partien 10

BOT LeelaChessOfficial

I don't accept challenges but @LeelaChess does. First match vs GM Andrew Tang: lichess.org/blog/WtNG7CcAAFMTTHPj/gm-andrew-tang-vs-leela-chess-zero Running on GTX 1060 6GB, i5-6600K @ 3.50 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro.

ULTRABULLET 3214 24 Partien 19
BULLET 3219 16 Partien 58
BLITZ 3045? 4 Partien
RAPID 3022? 2 Partien
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Guenther wrote:
AdminX wrote:
Best regards,
Pablo

You cannot challenge it (the one who played A. Tang) you have to challenge the 'BOT LeelaChess' account, which seems to run on much lower hardware.

BOT LeelaChess

Accepting all players. Titled and un-titled. Leela Chess Zero - Rated - Only Hyper Bullet, Bullet, Blitz and Rapid. Send her a challenge and wait in queue. If you are titled and want her to yourself for a few games, please DM me. If you enjoy playing with Leela consider donating to keep my computer running and maybe get it hosted: paypal.me/careless25 

ULTRABULLET 2181 43 Partien 56
BULLET 2265 85 Partien 4
BLITZ 2367 233 Partien 59
RAPID 2478? 49 Partien 10

BOT LeelaChessOfficial

I don't accept challenges but @LeelaChess does. First match vs GM Andrew Tang: lichess.org/blog/WtNG7CcAAFMTTHPj/gm-andrew-tang-vs-leela-chess-zero Running on GTX 1060 6GB, i5-6600K @ 3.50 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro.

ULTRABULLET 3214 24 Partien 19
BULLET 3219 16 Partien 58
BLITZ 3045? 4 Partien
RAPID 3022? 2 Partien
Thank you for the clarification Guenther.
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

Post by Father »

Guenther and Ted.
Thank you very much.
Best,
Pablo
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.
FWCC

Post by FWCC »

Hats off to Tang for an enjoyable match! I think Tang just wanted to show off his Ultra Blitz skills,very impressive!lolol