GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5133
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero

Post by AdminX » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:25 pm

Image

Sunday April 22th, 8am PDT, 11am EDT, 3pm UTC

https://lichess.org/blog/WtNG7CcAAFMTTH ... chess-zero
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

JJJ
Posts: 1285
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:47 am

Re: GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero

Post by JJJ » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Nice !

Cumnor
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:23 pm
Location: Cumnor, Oxford, UK
Contact:

Re: GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero

Post by Cumnor » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:03 pm

Thanks for the info Ted, much appreciated.
Moderator of Rybka forum
Admin of Infinitychess playing server

Hai
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:19 am

Re: GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero

Post by Hai » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:35 pm

Andrew Tang will play at this weekend against a much stronger Zero than it is now. Maybe 150-300 ELO stronger than now.

duncan
Posts: 10202
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero

Post by duncan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Hai wrote:Andrew Tang will play at this weekend against a much stronger Zero than it is now. Maybe 150-300 ELO stronger than now.
I thought it was meant to have stalled

Vinvin
Posts: 4369
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:40 am
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Re: GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero

Post by Vinvin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:32 pm

duncan wrote:
Hai wrote:Andrew Tang will play at this weekend against a much stronger Zero than it is now. Maybe 150-300 ELO stronger than now.
I thought it was meant to have stalled
Here's the graph of progress : http://lczero.org/

JJJ
Posts: 1285
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:47 am

Re: GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero

Post by JJJ » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:06 pm

How much stronger than the TCEC version ?

Milos
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:47 am

Re: GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero

Post by Milos » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:05 am

Vinvin wrote:
duncan wrote:
Hai wrote:Andrew Tang will play at this weekend against a much stronger Zero than it is now. Maybe 150-300 ELO stronger than now.
I thought it was meant to have stalled
Here's the graph of progress : http://lczero.org/
It is stalled. Self-playing Elo results mean nothing in real life. For actual performance check Kai's results.

Jhoravi
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 4:49 am

Re: GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero

Post by Jhoravi » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:01 am

Leelas choice of moves is easy to prepare against because it doesn't vary.

Nay Lin Tun
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero

Post by Nay Lin Tun » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:42 am

Are you aware that Leela's opening preference usually changes with new network?

If you see Leela playing Sicilian in current network , " then you should start preparing something else; Ruy Lopez ,may be".


:lol: 8-) :o

Post Reply