Reasons behind YLCET shutting down - again

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

yorkman

Reasons behind YLCET shutting down - again

Post by yorkman »

Wow, some of you guys are persistent with the false accusations, mostly this is in reference to the folks in other chat, not here on talkchess. So I just wanted to say that:

1) YLCET being shut down had nothing to do with MysteryX.
2) I thought I was clear it was due to personal reasons.
3) It was also due to too small an audience which means there wasn't enough interest
4) MysteryX is not SF with max'd contempt
5) Yes, I'm guilty of trying too hard to improve the site
6) Yes, I'm guilty of having higher expectations
7) Yes, I'm guilty of updating an engine mid-tournament (except if it was the Finals) when we received an engine update from the authors
8) Yes, I'm guilty of doing what I could to spice things up and make tournaments more entertaining
9) I was not competing with anybody
10) YLCET is not dead - let's just say it's hibernating - so I may bring it back up once my personal reasons are behind me and I have more time, to see if there's any renewed interest in me running more tournaments for FUN! So please, let's stop the false rumors. How I ran the tournament was mostly to satisfy the viewers and give them what they want. I was always open to users' suggestions and comments; having polls and surveys. And it was all at my own expense. I don't think there should be anything to complain about.

Also, in additions to khagrin2 and arun, I wanted to personally thank Joseph8675309 for standing up against these false accusations.
lantonov

Re: Reasons behind YLCET shutting down - again

Post by lantonov »

I applaud you for the things you are guilty of and look forward to the next YLCET whenever that may be.
Kohflote

Re: Reasons behind YLCET shutting down - again

Post by Kohflote »

Oh my god, so many accusations. I'm sorry about that. I guess there will always be strong different opinions, biases and accusations. With age, I'm now more sober and ignore the noises to the best I can.

Once again, thank you for your hard work and contribution and all the best to your future endeavors.

Best wishes,
Koh, Kah Huat