Lichess temp ban for flaggers.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

reflectionofpower

Re: Lichess temp ban for flaggers.

Post by reflectionofpower »

whereagles wrote:They let time run out because sometimes the opponent (e.g. me!!) doesn't want to wait for flagging and resigns first. That's the point.
Don't resign! I'll happily claim the victory as I know my opponent is a sniveling coward! :mrgreen:
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
Henk

Post by Henk »

If opponent does not resign you can also take the slowest way to win the game. What happens is that opponent gets bored and will resign. I remember once making a walk around the border of the board with my king. But you have to do a pawn move once in a while to reset the fifty moves rule.
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

Henk wrote:If opponent does not resign you can also take the slowest way to win the game. What happens is that opponent gets bored and will resign. I remember once making a walk around the border of the board with my king. But you have to do a pawn move once in a while to reset the fifty moves rule.
You just reminded what I like to do to people who prolong the inevitable. I will get 3-4 more queens and totally humiliate them. They will usually resign BUT it sometimes can backfire as you are covering so much board that you stalemate them :?
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
tmokonen
Full name: Tony Mokonen

Post by tmokonen »

I see there's also a temporary ban for people who refuse to start the game.

Warning, juninhunh. Failing to start games will result in a temporary ban.
Game aborted by server

Good. I hate those idiots that refuse to play, because they got to play as black instead of white, or some other stupid reason.
Ponti

Post by Ponti »

What the hell is a disconnect trick ?! I think that a player always loses by disconnection automatically, doesn´t he ?
A. Ponti
AMD Ryzen 1800x, Windows 10.
FIDE current ratings: standard 1913, rapid 1931
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Ponti wrote:What the hell is a disconnect trick ?! I think that a player always loses by disconnection automatically, doesn´t he ?
Not sure about Lichess. On FICS, it depends on whether or not the user is registered.
http://www.freechess.org/Help/HelpFiles ... ction.html
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
BeyondCritics
Full name: Oliver Roese

Post by BeyondCritics »

Great news. This will reduce the fill rate of my kill file by estimated 20% at least.