Feeks and PyTuroChamp (both written in Python)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
Norbert Raimund Leisner
Posts: 1601
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:57 pm
Location: Augsburg - Germany

Feeks and PyTuroChamp (both written in Python)

Post by Norbert Raimund Leisner » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Hello,

it concerns https://github.com/mdoege/PyTuroChamp and https://github.com/flok99/feeks , but with a similar problem: in contrast to other python engines like Shatranj https://github.com/stannous/shatranj [python -u shatranj.py -xboard] , Sunfish https://github.com/thomasahle/sunfish [python -u xboard.py] ) , Python Chess https://github.com/jrialland/python-chess [python -u chess3.py] and IZII https://github.com/ElliotVilhelm/IZII [python -u xboard.py] one thing is a mystery for me;

The batch-file ptc https://github.com/mdoege/PyTuroChamp/b ... er/ptc.bat or modified python -u ptc_xboard.py is closed immediately after a double mouse-click and does not stay opened like other Python-programs, if these appications are correctly configurated, e.g. Python 3.6.4 (Windows) und alle necessary engine components are situated into the same Python folder/directotory. Conclusion: PyTuroChamp cannot be lauched into a GUI like Arena or WinBoard Interface. Martin is a Macintosh and Linux user, so he could not tell me what´s going wrong in that case.

Same with trying to create a batch.file [python -u main.py] for Feeks and Python 2.7.14 (Windows) - Feeks calculates, but executes no plies

Lucas (Lucas Chess) has created a PyTuroChamp.exe file (with PyInstaller) here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1brc1UF ... Ef7gI/view

Lucas,could you be so kind and make a Windows.exe file of Feeks with PyInstaller too and host it on Google, please?

Not all members here a probably Python experts....

A Windows-prompt (cmd.exe) and a link to path C:\Users\NRL\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\pychess\ pressing ENTER failed again > wrong written or could not be found

Best wishes,

Norbert

lukasmonk
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:35 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Feeks and PyTuroChamp (both written in Python)

Post by lukasmonk » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:12 am

Windows binary of feeks:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n0uB1w ... sp=sharing

The procedure is very simple, I have installed pyinstaller (pip install pyinstaller)
then in a terminal in the source folder of feeks: pyinstaller main.py -F -c

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3015
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Feeks and PyTuroChamp (both written in Python)

Post by Guenther » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:09 am

lukasmonk wrote:Windows binary of feeks:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n0uB1w ... sp=sharing

The procedure is very simple, I have installed pyinstaller (pip install pyinstaller)
then in a terminal in the source folder of feeks: pyinstaller main.py -F -c
Of course it still crashes due to the problem in Win described by me in the original feeks thread.
Current foe list count : [93]
http://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm

User avatar
Sylwy
Posts: 3358
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:19 pm
Location: IASI (Romania) - the historical capital of MOLDOVA

Re: Feeks and PyTuroChamp (both written in Python)

Post by Sylwy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:20 am

Guenther wrote:
lukasmonk wrote:Windows binary of feeks:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n0uB1w ... sp=sharing

The procedure is very simple, I have installed pyinstaller (pip install pyinstaller)
then in a terminal in the source folder of feeks: pyinstaller main.py -F -c
Of course it still crashes due to the problem in Win described by me in the original feeks thread.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Right !

Image

Sergio Martinez
Posts: 1769
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Feeks and PyTuroChamp (both written in Python)

Post by Sergio Martinez » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Hi Norbert

I have tried to run Pyturo (native python) and it works lost on time all games after 8-10 moves. I tried adding xboard command or so but without success.
Norbert Raimund Leisner wrote:Hello,

it concerns https://github.com/mdoege/PyTuroChamp and https://github.com/flok99/feeks , but with a similar problem: in contrast to other python engines like Shatranj https://github.com/stannous/shatranj [python -u shatranj.py -xboard] , Sunfish https://github.com/thomasahle/sunfish [python -u xboard.py] ) , Python Chess https://github.com/jrialland/python-chess [python -u chess3.py] and IZII https://github.com/ElliotVilhelm/IZII [python -u xboard.py] one thing is a mystery for me;

The batch-file ptc https://github.com/mdoege/PyTuroChamp/b ... er/ptc.bat or modified python -u ptc_xboard.py is closed immediately after a double mouse-click and does not stay opened like other Python-programs, if these appications are correctly configurated, e.g. Python 3.6.4 (Windows) und alle necessary engine components are situated into the same Python folder/directotory. Conclusion: PyTuroChamp cannot be lauched into a GUI like Arena or WinBoard Interface. Martin is a Macintosh and Linux user, so he could not tell me what´s going wrong in that case.

Same with trying to create a batch.file [python -u main.py] for Feeks and Python 2.7.14 (Windows) - Feeks calculates, but executes no plies

Lucas (Lucas Chess) has created a PyTuroChamp.exe file (with PyInstaller) here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1brc1UF ... Ef7gI/view

Lucas,could you be so kind and make a Windows.exe file of Feeks with PyInstaller too and host it on Google, please?

Not all members here a probably Python experts....

A Windows-prompt (cmd.exe) and a link to path C:\Users\NRL\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\pychess\ pressing ENTER failed again > wrong written or could not be found

Best wishes,

Norbert
Member of the CCRL Group. Write me if you want I test your engine.

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3015
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Feeks and PyTuroChamp (both written in Python)

Post by Guenther » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:51 pm

Sergio Martinez wrote:Hi Norbert

I have tried to run Pyturo (native python) and it works lost on time all games after 8-10 moves. I tried adding xboard command or so but without success.
I wrote already several weeks ago what problems are there and why.
It seems Norbert did not understand or did not believe it?

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... yturochamp

The user himself has to change the code (for which side to play and for max depth) and even then there will be a problem...with White/Black in computer mode...

This is mentioned at the chronolgy since early december in the 'waiting list'.
Current foe list count : [93]
http://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm

Post Reply