Jumbo 0.6.10 release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sven
Full name: Sven Schüle

Jumbo 0.6.10 release

Post by Sven »

I have released Jumbo 0.6.10. This new version contains just "one single change" compared to the previous release 0.5.27: I implemented Texel parameter tuning. After several iterations forth and back and a lot of debugging over Christmas I was finally able to perform a complete tuning run within few hours. I used the 725,000 positions from the well-known "quiet-labeled.epd" file, called my static eval directly instead of qsearch, did not think much about an optimal setting of K (I used 1.1), implemented a multi-threaded tuning algorithm to save a lot of time, did quite some refactoring of my evaluation code to adapt it to the needs of automated tuning, and finally gained some nice Elo points.

My first tests, based as usual on very fast games only, are quite promising so I'm looking forward to an interesting division 7 tourney of Graham beginning in a few days :-)
Graham Banks

Re: Jumbo 0.6.10 release

Post by Graham Banks »

Sven wrote:....I'm looking forward to an interesting division 7 tourney of Graham beginning in a few days :-)
Me too! :P
gbanksnz at gmail.com