ComradesGUI Proto Type V3

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Gusev

ComradesGUI Proto Type V3

Post by Gusev »

ComradesGUI Proto Type V3 was developed starting with the Decembrist code for ComradesGUI Proto Type V2 as a team project by Purdue Polytechnic Columbus students Isaiah Bowman, Richard Perry, Nathan Lewis and Gary Drake in my CNIT 325 class this Fall. I made their work available at http://www.firenzina.org/ComradesGUIProtoTypeV3.zip.

As some of you may recall, Proto Type V2 is merely an infinite analysis tool.

The new features implemented by my students are as follows.

1. Two timers and the Play button are added to the GUI. A game may begin from any opening position. (The user has to make the initial moves on the board prior to clicking Play. The only timer option is sudden death - no delay or increment yet!)
2. Three new play modes have been implemented: Human vs. Engine1, Engine1 vs. Engine1, Engine 1 vs. Engine2.
3. Saving PGN in a file is implemented. (Known bug: In the Engine 1 vs. Engine 2 mode, the game is mistakenly recorded as Engine 1 vs. Engine 1.)
4. Game end detection by checkmate, stalemate, three-fold repetition, and the 50-move rule is implemented. (Not implemented yet: Detection of game end by insufficient material.)

I made and included a ComradesGUIProtoTypeV3.jar file that can be launched. Also included are the pre-configured executables of Firenzina_2.4.3_x64_Tr.exe and stockfish_17091710_x64_bmi2.exe.

As before, the ComradesGUI code is public domain. Have fun and Merry Christmas, folks!
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Re: ComradesGUI Proto Type V3

Post by Damir »

Sorry, but I don't see any GUI whatsoever. :( :(
Gusev

Post by Gusev »

It opens for me when I double-click on the ComradesGUIProtoTypeV3.jar file. Make sure you do that after the archive is unzipped.
Damir wrote:Sorry, but I don't see any GUI whatsoever. :( :(
Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Post by Ras »

Gusev wrote:It opens for me when I double-click on the ComradesGUIProtoTypeV3.jar file.
Which means that Damir also needs to have the Java Runtime installed and registered with .jar files.
Gusev

Post by Gusev »

ComradesGUI is written by the Decembrists in Java and modified by my students in the class that teaches Java.
Ras wrote:
Gusev wrote:It opens for me when I double-click on the ComradesGUIProtoTypeV3.jar file.
Which means that Damir also needs to have the Java Runtime installed and registered with .jar files.