New engine releases

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

tmokonen
Full name: Tony Mokonen

Re: New engine releases

Post by tmokonen »

Can you please stop posting about random programs from Github that have no official releases? If it's not an official release, no one cares. You annoy the authors by prematurely announcing their programs before they are complete, and you annoy the rest of us by wasting our time announcing programs that half the time aren't even capable of playing, like DMRChess. What do you not understand about this?
karger
Full name: John Karger

Post by karger »

Tony , I am tired of it , thanks for bringing it up ...
flok
Full name: Folkert van Heusden

Post by flok »

tmokonen wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:06 am Can you please stop posting about random programs from Github that have no official releases? If it's not an official release, no one cares. You annoy the authors by prematurely announcing their programs before they are complete, and you annoy the rest of us by wasting our time announcing programs that half the time aren't even capable of playing, like DMRChess. What do you not understand about this?
I don't agree!
Personally I enjoy the announcements a lot. Often I take a look what was released.
@Norbert: please continue!
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

flok wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:03 am
tmokonen wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:06 am Can you please stop posting about random programs from Github that have no official releases? If it's not an official release, no one cares. You annoy the authors by prematurely announcing their programs before they are complete, and you annoy the rest of us by wasting our time announcing programs that half the time aren't even capable of playing, like DMRChess. What do you not understand about this?
I don't agree!
Personally I enjoy the announcements a lot. Often I take a look what was released.
You don't understand. It is about 'pseudo' announcements of github accounts, which sometimes only contain a readme,
(with future goals or whatever), or totally incomplete programs even missing a search...
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
krismchess

Post by krismchess »

Hello,
I'm the author of dmrchess. I am developing this chess engine in the free time I get. It's not fully functional yet, but I hope to get this working in next few days time. Already I see some messages related to this which is very great & wonderful. Thank you very much!

Thanks,
Kalyan
--
Thanks,
Kalyan
Never Give UP!
krismchess

Post by krismchess »

flok wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:03 am
I don't agree!
Thanks for your support!
--
Thanks,
Kalyan
Never Give UP!
krismchess

Post by krismchess »

Norbert Raimund Leisner wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:04 pm https://github.com/rkalyankumar/dmrchess (DMRChess, UCI)-without Windows binaries by Kalyankumar Ramaseshan

Norbert
Hi Norbert,

Thank you very much for grabbing the link. I am developing my chess engine in my free time. I wish to keep the steady pace and I hope to get my engine working in next few days. I appreciate your message and thank you very much for the same.

I will post binaries for Windows (32 & 64 bit), Linux (32 & 64 bit) & for MacOS (64-bit) when it's complete.
--
Thanks,
Kalyan
Never Give UP!
krismchess

Post by krismchess »

SzG wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:35 am
I agree completely.

My solution: never test programs not under the 'Releases' tab.
I understand. I am sorry for this. I was planning to post to talkchess once I have dmrchess playing chess. Please look forward to testing my engine as early as I have it available.
--
Thanks,
Kalyan
Never Give UP!
beco
Full name: Ruben Carlo Benante

Post by beco »

Norbert Raimund Leisner wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:39 am ...
Xadreco 5.84.180626.005852 https://github.com/drbeco/xadreco/releases contains no Windows binary
Thank you Norbert

This is the latest Xadreco release (some builds ahead), and the "official" supported version today.

Then next steps are:

v5.xx Better opening book support
v6.xx If not Tablebases, then a redo on opening book
v7.xx It is still in schedule; probably it will be or tablebase (if that is not on version 6) or new parallel version using threads instead of fork(). Will see.
konsolas
Full name: Vincent

Post by konsolas »

SzG wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:35 pm Topple 0.2.0, allegedly +200 Elo in self play.
https://github.com/konsolas/ToppleChess/releases
(tested with cutechess, 40/4 min on an i7 4790k, syzygy 6 man adjudication, 100 games)