Chess and Cognac

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Re: Chess and Cognac

Post by BrendanJNorman »

corres wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:52 pm
Chess and cognac is a good pairing.
Nevertheless I like better the rum.
Rum is a good defensive drink against viruses but only with scale.
Yes indeed. I'm also a fan of rum.

We Australians like to strongly mix rum and Coca-Cola in a glass full of ice.

Amazing drink, although cognac remains my favorite.

Such beverages are great after a long day, for relaxing over some chess games or bickering with folks in CTF. :lol: :wink:
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

In my experience relaxation and chess have never been a good combination, so I'd rather have Chess and Coffee. It always brings the ELO points! :mrgreen:
PeterO

Post by PeterO »

Hi Brendan,

can you write a manual „How to create chess personalities with Rodent IV“?

I would love to read your ideas!

Peter
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Note that if you want style and don't care about strength it's possible Rodent IV personalities will never be as good as Rodent III ones, and in this aspect there's no reason to upgrade as IV's improvements would be irrelevant for these purposes (III's personalities could be made stronger at will)
PK

Post by PK »

Note that if you want style and don't care about strength it's possible Rodent IV personalities will never be as good as Rodent III ones, and in this aspect there's no reason to upgrade as IV's improvements would be irrelevant for these purposes (III's personalities could be made stronger at will)
I don't understand what You say. From strength's perspective the main difference is that now You do not weaken a personality directly, but use UCI_Elo instead, and in my book this is a large improvement (no need to manually create weak personalities). There is space evaluation added, more dynamic king tropism, and unique system of mixing different sets of piece/square tables.