Fritz 15.1

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Re: Fritz 15.1

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Gabor,

I heard Fritz 16 will be the next one this year.
Interesting is: Which engine will be included?!

I hope of a non available engine like Jonny ...
But here I have no information about it.

Best
Frank
styx

Post by styx »

What do you expect from Fritz 15.1?
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Syzygy tbs support instead of Nalimov... :) :)
rcmaddox
Full name: Robert C. Maddox

Post by rcmaddox »

The only mention of Fritz 15.1 that I'm aware of is from this January 2016 article.

http://en.chessbase.com/post/fritz-15-e ... nd-answers

The relevant passage is:

"For the record, current testing by specialized computer lists such as CEGT and CCRL, among others, have evaluated Fritz 15 as being somewhere between 30-40 Elo stronger than Rybka 4, however Rajlich comments that he is currently working on Fritz 15.1, which will bring further improvements to its play."

It's not much of a promise but I, too, was disappointed when the update never materialized.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

rcmaddox wrote:The only mention of Fritz 15.1 that I'm aware of is from this January 2016 article.

http://en.chessbase.com/post/fritz-15-e ... nd-answers

The relevant passage is:

"For the record, current testing by specialized computer lists such as CEGT and CCRL, among others, have evaluated Fritz 15 as being somewhere between 30-40 Elo stronger than Rybka 4, however Rajlich comments that he is currently working on Fritz 15.1, which will bring further improvements to its play."

It's not much of a promise but I, too, was disappointed when the update never materialized.
I remember an astute observer at the rybka forum, immediately calling BS on this apparent "promise" of a F15.1 version, and sadly he was right.
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Carl,

Rybka is a very passive program. Today we have Komodo, Houdini and Stockfish, Shredder is on the way, Fizbo, Fire and all the others.

In my opinion Rypka isn't one of the most important. We have a lot of very strong amateurs with nice playing styles.

Rybka 15.1 ... to have or not ... indifferent.

Much more important are programs on the way and longer time no update, like ICE, Protector, Atlas, Cheng, Gaviota, Deuterium, Hiarcs, Junior and others.

I would like to have a newer Senpai version, or a free or commercial Jonny version. A Fritz GUI with Senpai (this one would be a sensation and is absolutely right) or Jonny is much more interesting as Rybka.

Best
Frank
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Carl,

Rybka is a very passive program. Today we have Komodo, Houdini and Stockfish, Shredder is on the way, Fizbo, Fire and all the others.

In my opinion Rypka isn't one of the most important. We have a lot of very strong amateurs with nice playing styles.

Rybka 15.1 ... to have or not ... indifferent.

Much more important are programs on the way and longer time no update, like ICE, Protector, Atlas, Cheng, Gaviota, Deuterium, Hiarcs, Junior and others.

I would like to have a newer Senpai version, or a free or commercial Jonny version. A Fritz GUI with Senpai (this one would be a sensation and is absolutely right) or Jonny is much more interesting as Rybka.

Best
Frank
How's everything Frank? :)
(btw, I've downloaded your feobos pgn suite, great work!) :D

I agree with your basic take on Rybka (= not the most interesting style of play), however, not many people were saying that back when Rybka was a clear #1 and destroying all competition, so all is relative, but Rybka is still the same, it hasn't changed that much in the intervening years. :) It's been overtaken by other better engines, but Rybka itself is just as strong (and good) as it ever was.

Only saying this because I like to stay clear of double standards. If an engine is great today, then it can't become a bad engine 5 years later, just because it may no longer be the best. The newer top engines are much better and play more attractively, without a doubt.

I also don't like it when people (customers, fans, etc) are misled by deceptive advertising stories, and that's what the F15.1 bit looks like.

Just like you, I'm hoping to see new versions from those engines you listed, and secretly wishing for Ginkgo to go public. Even if only as Fritz 16! ;)

Cheers,
CL
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Carl,

thanks for your words!

4 months detention with upd 1 ... the forgotten and important lines for FEOBOS project. 15.000 positions again with all 10 standard engines.

Honestly, I am happy if the project is done or it's to boring for me and the others to following here. 1 years time for analyses is enough.

But after 1 year hard work the final result will be great. A sorted database with positions rankings! My dream is done ... with the helps Klaus Wlotzka made here in developing with Excel. And Ferdinand wrote a very important tool for FEOBOS. I am very happy with the project and the current standing.

A great basic (opening book and for any test-set constellation to the topic openings) if I am complete ready with the project!

So I have my own basics for testing on i9 with 18 cores. Never I must thinking ... the line on the board is bad, because all lines included in the book are checked with 10 engines. 10 strong engines with differents in style.

Wish constellation for testing engines are done (from my view).

Not important for that topic to Fritz.
I am very interesting in the question ... which engine will be the next from Chessbase Fritz GUI software.

Jonny, Gingko or Senpai would be great ...
Gingko (alias Gromit, later Anaconda) ... the programs from Frank Schneider are very aggressive and that is good.

But most fair ...
Senpai as engine!

Best
Frank
Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Post by Paloma »

carldaman wrote:
Frank Quisinsky wrote: ...snip
Not important for that topic to Fritz.
I am very interesting in the question ... which engine will be the next from Chessbase Fritz GUI software.
..snip
I also don't like it when people (customers, fans, etc) are misled by deceptive advertising stories, and that's what the F15.1 bit looks like.

Just like you, I'm hoping to see new versions from those engines you listed, and secretly wishing for Ginkgo to go public. Even if only as Fritz 16! ;)

Cheers,
CL
Hi Carl,

i can tell you end of this year it will give Fritz 16 engine.

... from programmer V.Railich :D

I've hat just contacted Chessbase

Maybe he can add +100 Elo, that would be at least in the 3100 range.

Regards