Android chess program - Info needed.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

K I Hyams

Android chess program - Info needed.

Post by K I Hyams »

Can anyone recommend an Android chess playing app in which it is possible to play against a resident engine using a short time control for the engine and a far longer time control for the human? Once the engine has made its move I want to copy it onto a pocket chess set and move at my own speed.
styx

Re: Android chess program - Info needed.

Post by styx »

You can use Droidfish. It's not possible to set up asynchronous time controls, but you won't lose if you time runs out (you time will go negative instead).
K I Hyams

Re: Android chess program - Info needed.

Post by K I Hyams »

styx wrote:You can use Droidfish. It's not possible to set up asynchronous time controls, but you won't lose if you time runs out (you time will go negative instead).
Thank you for that - I had downloaded Droidfish before posting and was very impressed. However, I didn't realise that the program would continue to run with negative time. I just tested your suggestion in a 2 minute Two Knights Defence. The bad news is that I got thumped but the good news is that you are correct about the time simply going negative. Problem solved!!